Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Another Brit on board.

Another Brit on board.

Old May 8th 2016, 10:31 am
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Brit on board.

Hello,

I'm Bob, I've been living outside of the UK for some 30 years, the last 25 of which have been firmly in Switzerland.

I am due to retire (!) in around 15 months time, and last week received the stunning news that my pension conversion rate has this year been slashed, ending up with an overall reduction of 25% per month!

I did some frantic calculations, and came to the conclusion that on my revised pittance we will no longer be able to survive in this jolly expensive country, so it'll soon be time to get the hell out of Dodge.

I have a few target destinations in mind; I have recently discovered this forum and the wealth of information in here is mind blowing, so I thought I would take this opportunity to say thank you and to introduce myself.

Cheers,
Bob
Old May 8th 2016, 11:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Brit on board.

Welcome to BE Bob.

I'm pleased you have found us...but sorry to hear of the predicament you find yourself in.

It sounds like you are finding your way around the forums...but should you need help give me a shout.

Good luck.
Old May 8th 2016, 11:51 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to the forum

That's a real bummer about the pension. Have a good look around the forum. There are a number of countries with good retirement visas, and of course other parts of Europe too. Good luck with the planning.
Old May 9th 2016, 6:55 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the welcome, one question though... no European sub-forum for Belgium?

I have to admit it's on my list (for family reasons), it's just not awfully near the top.

Did I miss something?
Old May 9th 2016, 6:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Thanks for the welcome, one question though... no European sub-forum for Belgium?

I have to admit it's on my list (for family reasons), it's just not awfully near the top.

Did I miss something?
We don't have enough members interested or living in Belgium to warrant a dedicated forum...sorry.
Old May 10th 2016, 9:20 am
Gloves off

Thanks for that.

Not entirely sure that one can use 'interested' and 'living' in the same sentence as 'Belgium' but I may be wrong.

If that doesn't lure them out of the woodwork, then I'm right!

Old May 10th 2016, 10:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks for that.

Not entirely sure that one can use 'interested' and 'living' in the same sentence as 'Belgium' but I may be wrong.

If that doesn't lure them out of the woodwork, then I'm right!

Old May 14th 2016, 9:54 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

I'm Bob, I've been living outside of the UK for some 30 years, the last 25 of which have been firmly in Switzerland.

I am due to retire (!) in around 15 months time, and last week received the stunning news that my pension conversion rate has this year been slashed, ending up with an overall reduction of 25% per month!

I did some frantic calculations, and came to the conclusion that on my revised pittance we will no longer be able to survive in this jolly expensive country, so it'll soon be time to get the hell out of Dodge.

I have a few target destinations in mind; I have recently discovered this forum and the wealth of information in here is mind blowing, so I thought I would take this opportunity to say thank you and to introduce myself.

Cheers,
Bob
Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary