Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello from the USA

Hello from the USA

Old Jan 10th 2012, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Lord_GG_Byron will become famous soon enough
Default Hello from the USA

Well, hello. I'm actually a Yank, if that is allowed. I have previously lived in London, and I am currently planning on returning to work. I stumbled across this forum while searching for a place to buy Ribena online. I quite honestly fell in the love with the UK and am looking forward to going back shortly.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 5:15 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from the USA

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:13 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Lordy

Welcome to BE - no problem that you are a Yank

You may find our 'moving back to the UK forum' worth checking out. Although it is mainly for Brits who have lived away from the UK and want to return, you are in a similar position, so I am sure you will find some like minded folks on there. Plus you can make some new Brit friends for when you return.
You will find this forum by clicking on the 'forum index' tab on the top left corner of this page. Scroll down and double click on the title and you're in.

Hey at least when you return to the UK you can buy your Ribena in bulk in the local supermarket instead of having to search the web !!!

All the best with your plans - I wonder how long it will take you living in London before you start to understand 'Cockney rhyming slang' - there's a challenge for you ....

Have a good disco me ole China (there's a start for you...) - extra Karma if you can work it out

Dread - x
Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck on your plans to return to the UK!

Quite a lot of natives hang out on the forum, especially in the US forums, so you're in good company

http://www.uk-yankee.com/ That's another forum that might be handy too.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 11:44 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Welcome to BE and good luck on your plans to return to the UK!

Quite a lot of natives hang out on the forum, especially in the US forums, so you're in good company

http://www.uk-yankee.com/ That's another forum that might be handy too.
He won't find much Cockney rhyming slang on that site Bob

Dread - x
Old Jan 11th 2012, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi there Lordy

Welcome to BE - no problem that you are a Yank

You may find our 'moving back to the UK forum' worth checking out. Although it is mainly for Brits who have lived away from the UK and want to return, you are in a similar position, so I am sure you will find some like minded folks on there. Plus you can make some new Brit friends for when you return.
You will find this forum by clicking on the 'forum index' tab on the top left corner of this page. Scroll down and double click on the title and you're in.

Hey at least when you return to the UK you can buy your Ribena in bulk in the local supermarket instead of having to search the web !!!

All the best with your plans - I wonder how long it will take you living in London before you start to understand 'Cockney rhyming slang' - there's a challenge for you ....

Have a good disco me ole China (there's a start for you...) - extra Karma if you can work it out

Dread - x
Ahaha, thank you for the worm welcome. I won't have too much trouble with Cockney rhyming slang on account that I'm a West Ham fan :P, had a season ticket last year and got to understand some of it, Lord knows how. Oh how I can't wait for that Ribena, the blackcurrant is ok, raspberry is good, but the absolute best is strawberry, never had had strawberry juice before and it was divine.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 2:22 am

Oh dear Lordy ..............

Westham fan?

....and a Ribena addict - there is really no hope for you !!

Only teasing !

I have never actually tried the strawberry Ribena - but when you mention strawberry juice, it reminds me of Goa and a couple of places that do fresh squeezed strawberry juice - which is just amazing.

Anyways Lordy all the best with your move back - you will do OK in the Smoke as you have a good sense of humour. London is a great place - one of the best places on earth for live music gigs.

Dread - x
Old Jan 11th 2012, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Oh dear Lordy ..............

Westham fan?

....and a Ribena addict - there is really no hope for you !!

Only teasing !

I have never actually tried the strawberry Ribena - but when you mention strawberry juice, it reminds me of Goa and a couple of places that do fresh squeezed strawberry juice - which is just amazing.

Anyways Lordy all the best with your move back - you will do OK in the Smoke as you have a good sense of humour. London is a great place - one of the best places on earth for live music gigs.

Dread - x
If you have ever had a bowl of strawberries that had been sprinkled with sugar, it tastes like the residue you find at the bottom of the bowl. Very addictive.