Reload this Page >

New member intro

New member intro

Old Dec 9th 2017, 1:52 pm
Bigmac49

Bigmac49 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New member intro

Hi everyone,
I currently live in Germany and will now move back to Scotland after 25 year abroad.
I am new to this site and have been looking for posts about getting car insurance, new bank accounts and selecting a reputable removal company.
I can't see to crack the system so I trying through this introduction.
Hoping some experienced members can give me a few tips on where to start.
Thanks in advance
Old Dec 9th 2017, 2:02 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member intro

Originally Posted by jmmaclean
Hi everyone,
I currently live in Germany and will now move back to Scotland after 25 year abroad.
I am new to this site and have been looking for posts about getting car insurance, new bank accounts and selecting a reputable removal company.
I can't see to crack the system so I trying through this introduction.
Hoping some experienced members can give me a few tips on where to start.
Thanks in advance
Welcome to BE.

Please take a few moments to read the site rules, beige bar at the top, and should you have any site related problems please contact one of our moderators, names in bold at the bottom of each forum page.

You would be better off asking your questions in the 'moving back to the UK' forum here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/

It can be difficult to open a UK bank account from outside the UK, HSBC has been quoted as one where it is possible.

Last edited by mikelincs; Dec 9th 2017 at 2:05 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 2:08 pm
Bigmac49

Thank you for your response.
Is there a search function or do I need to trawl through the whole section looking for relevant questions.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 2:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmmaclean
Thank you for your response.
Is there a search function or do I need to trawl through the whole section looking for relevant questions.
Yes, there is a search function. When you went to the link that Mike gave you for our site rules, there is a link to the search function to the left of it and also one in the blue bar above starting with My Profile. Or just post your own question. Believe me, those questions have all been answered so many times that the members will answer by rote.

If you are having difficulty with navigating the site please reach out to a super moderator for assistance.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 2:27 pm
Bigmac49

thank you for your help, I shall take a look and hopefully see the link. I realise that my questions are pretty standard however for me it is very time consuming looking for reliable and fair companies to del with.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 2:35 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Yes, there is a search function. ....
I always find it to be patchy - it finds some posts/threads, but doesn't always find posts that I know are there, somewhere.

Personally I would recommend investing the time to review the last, say, three pages of threads to look for similar questions and answers. .... That said, I would recommend that questions be asked in a new thread, rather than reactivating an old thread.
.... Believe me, those questions have all been answered so many times that the members will answer by rote. ...
No! Really?

Last edited by Pulaski; Dec 9th 2017 at 2:54 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 2:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

There is also the shipping forum here: Overseas Removals, Shipping & Storage Advice and Information from Bournes International Moves - British Expats
Old Dec 10th 2017, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome I just send a message to my fellow-Scot