Reload this Page >

Advice where to start

Advice where to start

Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

missjaney74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice where to start

Fed Up.com please read

I bet you have all been there at some stage over taxed and not great pay. I am just feeling fed up of the UK and looking to relocate

Not sure where to Look at.

About us
Family 4
children aged 6 & 8 Years (Girls)
Husband (44yrs)IT Manager for large corp company
And Moi soon to be (40yrs) work sales & events manager/new business

Any recommendations on what we need to do time scales
Pay & salary expectations cost of living advice greatly welcomed.
Also where to look what company's/countries: would welcome a hard working family with a tonne of energy and 2 bright girls.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:15 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Where to Start please read help needed

Hi there and welcome to the forum. You've posted this thread in the Singapore section. Is that where you are planning to move to?

Or are you not sure where to move to? If so, I'll shift your thread over to the Welcome Inn which is an introductory section.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Advice Where to Start please read help needed

Hi there

I am not sure where we want to go at present would you be kind enough and post as you see wise
thanks in advance
Old Nov 8th 2013, 1:23 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice where to start

Originally Posted by missjaney74
Fed Up.com please read

I bet you have all been there at some stage over taxed and not great pay. I am just feeling fed up of the UK and looking to relocate

About us
Family 4

Also where to look what company's/countries: would welcome a hard working family with a tonne of energy and 2 bright girls.
Hi missjaney,

Is it possible that your husband's company could transfer him somewhere?

I'm not sure you would be able to get a visa for Australia - it's very difficult to get a skilled visa after 45 unless sponsored by an employer - and then it may be temporary. Of course, with free movement you could look within Europe
Old Nov 8th 2013, 1:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and welcome to BE.

As Oldsparkles has said, Europe would be your easiest option, but if you want to go further afield then have a look around the forums to try and narrow down your choice of country, and have a look at the Wiki to see if you can get a visa for where you fancy.

Best of luck.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 1:26 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello again. I've shifted your thread over to the Welcome Inn and maybe someone will have some useful advice for you.

All I can say is to take a good look around the forum at different countries and see where you might be able to get visas.

I imagine your start point would be where your girls will get appropriate schooling? What countries appeal to you? Where have you visited? How about your husband? Do you have family in the UK? Elderly parents perhaps. Will you move them too or are there other relatives to watch out for them? Lots of considerations uh?

Or would a move within the UK be an idea? Still got,the taxes I know, but quite a few countries are more expensive than UK. You may be in for a surprise.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hello again. I've shifted your thread over to the Welcome Inn and maybe someone will have some useful advice for you.

All I can say is to take a good look around the forum at different countries and see where you might be able to get visas.

I imagine your start point would be where your girls will get appropriate schooling? What countries appeal to you? Where have you visited? How about your husband? Do you have family in the UK? Elderly parents perhaps. Will you move them too or are there other relatives to watch out for them? Lots of considerations uh?

Or would a move within the UK be an idea? Still got,the taxes I know, but quite a few countries are more expensive than UK. You may be in for a surprise.
Hi thanks for the reply. I really would like to get away
From the uk. Somewhere warm. I have arthritis and on some nasty meds
Hence wanting to move where it's warmer and the sunshine more than the rain
I have to also think about the girls I just feel as if I have lost any
Faith in the uk. Europe would be good I like California never fancied oz
Canada
America (la)
Hong Kong
Singapore

There the favourites but I just don't know where to start
Have we left it too late
Old Nov 9th 2013, 8:28 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for the reply. I really would like to get away
From the uk. Somewhere warm. I have arthritis and on some nasty meds
Hence wanting to move where it's warmer and the sunshine more than the rain
I have to also think about the girls I just feel as if I have lost any
Faith in the uk. Europe would be good I like California never fancied oz
Canada
America (la)
Hong Kong
Singapore

There the favourites but I just don't know where to start
Have we left it too late
The chances of getting into the US is generally somewhere close to zero for most people.

I'm not sure how warm Canada is going to be, but I'm sure someone could tell you what your chances of getting a visa would be.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Hong Kong and Singapore.

If you don't think you want to move to Europe, have you considered a move within the UK?

As I said previously though, if your husband works for a large company, do they have offices overseas that they could transfer him to?
Old Nov 9th 2013, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
The chances of getting into the US is generally somewhere close to zero for most people.

I'm not sure how warm Canada is going to be, but I'm sure someone could tell you what your chances of getting a visa would be.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Hong Kong and Singapore.

If you don't think you want to move to Europe, have you considered a move within the UK?

As I said previously though, if your husband works for a large company, do they have offices overseas that they could transfer him to?
Hi there

My husbands company is uk based do no chance of relocation

I really feel miserable fed up with the Uk it's cold
And personally I feel as a family we need a new chapter

I lost my dad last year and although my mum is still around
I feel there's nothing for us here in the uk
My brother is in the states (ny) and has been
Trying for a green card for years.

Errrr I feel really stuck
Old Nov 9th 2013, 8:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

My husbands company is uk based do no chance of relocation

I really feel miserable fed up with the Uk it's cold
And personally I feel as a family we need a new chapter

I lost my dad last year and although my mum is still around
I feel there's nothing for us here in the uk
My brother is in the states (ny) and has been
Trying for a green card for years.

Errrr I feel really stuck
Welcome to BE. I have lived in the US for over 17 years and I know which country I prefer to live in. Sometimes it takes living in another country to make one appreciate the UK.

Realistically it does t sound like you have a chance of moving to the US. Why not post in the Canada forums if you wish to live this side of the pond? We also have excellent Australia and Europe forums. The people who post in those forums will be able to tell you whether you will be able to get a visa or not.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 5:59 am

Re Singapore: you could possibly start up a business in Singapore. If you're interested I suggest you post in the Singapore section and ask some questions.

I believe that getting in international schools is tricky. Quite long waiting lists. Again, you can ask in Singapore section.

Singapore is also a very very expensive place these days.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 3:36 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Fed Up.com please read

About us
Family 4

Hiya, New Zealand would be a possibility. Your husband should qualify for a work visa if he got the right job. From there you can take the steps to residency. Nothing is guaranteed, but looks as if you would have a reasonable chance.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply. I feel at the moment that we are
Too old and left it too late
We are very hard working couple but the last few
Years have been finically very difficult for us
I had both 2 company's I worked for go into administration
I was lucky that I got a pay out from the first the second
I lost a lot of money an have struggled to gain
Employment living in the north of England
Finding any new sales new business's account management
Role has been a no go it took 18 months before I found
A contracting role but that ends may 2014
The future seems so bleak for us.
As I originally said I want a better life for us all
We work hard and want a good life for myself and
Family.
Where do we start what web sites are good for inform
For New Zealand.
Thanks in advance
Old Nov 11th 2013, 11:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will find our NZ forums very informative. Good luck.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83
Old Nov 11th 2013, 12:13 pm

Thanks for the reply. I feel at the moment that we are
Too old and left it too late
Absolutely not. I was almost 50, and I won't tell you how old Mr bakedbean was when we first left ol Blighty . And three countries later, still out here in the tropics.

Go for it. If New Zealand appeals, get reading up in the NZ section of the forum, and ask a few questions. Folks will help you out. All the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.