Reload this Page >

Advice needed for a Brit re healthcare jobs in US

Advice needed for a Brit re healthcare jobs in US

Old Aug 22nd 2011, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

PurpleWendy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed for a Brit re healthcare jobs in US

Hi everyone,
I've recently moved to New York from London. I'm a registered healthcare professional in the UK and now have to go through a fairly lengthy process to become certified here in the US. I've got a Employment Authorisation Card/Visa etc, so that's not a concern.
In the meantime, I wanted to get some relevant experience but finding it very hard to get into the job market. Does anyone have any advice? I see that so many of the jobs requires certification or courses, which is quite different to the UK system.
Thanks very much and look forward to hearing back
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 8:33 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed for a Brit re healthcare jobs in US

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 8:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PurpleWendy
Hi everyone,
I've recently moved to New York from London. I'm a registered healthcare professional in the UK and now have to go through a fairly lengthy process to become certified here in the US. I've got a Employment Authorisation Card/Visa etc, so that's not a concern.
In the meantime, I wanted to get some relevant experience but finding it very hard to get into the job market. Does anyone have any advice? I see that so many of the jobs requires certification or courses, which is quite different to the UK system.
Thanks very much and look forward to hearing back
Hello and welcome to BE.

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself to us. I think it's best if I point you in the direction of our US Forums. If you repost your questions about nursing you will probably get helpful replies. BE's Nursing Forum...is another forum that may be of interest to you.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

PurpleWendy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello and welcome to BE.

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself to us. I think it's best if I point you in the direction of our US Forums. If you repost your questions about nursing you will probably get helpful replies. BE's Nursing Forum...is another forum that may be of interest to you.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Hi Rosemary and Jerseygirl,

Thank you so much for your helpful replies and information - I'm reading through the information now!

Kind regards,