Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi here I come!

Abu Dhabi here I come!

Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:37 am
Just Joined

dsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nice
Default Abu Dhabi here I come!

Hi all

Have just signed my contract for a teaching position in Abu Dhabi and feel like a kid in a sweet shop... am so excited!

Will be moving out in September but before that am having to get certificates attested and sent of the the FCO and UAE Embassy. Have been advised I should send bulky items out six to eight weeks before I arrive to ensure they are there when I get there and so need to get quotes in the next few months.

Just wanted to say Hi to all... and apologies if I ask 101 questions that have already been answered, Scout honor I will use the search button first!!
Old Feb 21st 2011, 5:24 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi here I come!

Hi dsmuk,

Welcome to BE, I hope you enjoy being part of our community. We've got a great Middle East forum so I'm sure you will pick up lots of info and tips there.

The moderators for the ME forum are Bob, NorthernLad and rowell, and the Concierge is Blue Cat, so give them or me a shout anytime if you have any site questions.

Welcome again and the best of luck with your move. I can totally relate to the excitement.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 1:28 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats DSM... and welcome to BE. Abu Dhabi is an interesting place - have fun there.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 3:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

welcome was in AD last weekend, road works a nightmare but it's a great place
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:49 am
Just Joined

dsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nicedsmuk is just really nice

Thanks everyone.

Everything is happening in a blur at the moment, writing letters to get Police checks one second then filling in tax forms the next!

Good job I have a few months for reality to set in.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dsmuk
Hi all

Have just signed my contract for a teaching position in Abu Dhabi and feel like a kid in a sweet shop... am so excited!

Will be moving out in September but before that am having to get certificates attested and sent of the the FCO and UAE Embassy. Have been advised I should send bulky items out six to eight weeks before I arrive to ensure they are there when I get there and so need to get quotes in the next few months.

Just wanted to say Hi to all... and apologies if I ask 101 questions that have already been answered, Scout honor I will use the search button first!!
Hello...it's very nice to meet you. Welcome to BE.

There is an Introduction thread in the Sand Pit...why don't you pop over there and introduce yourself?