Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hi Everyone, 20 years in the US

Hi Everyone, 20 years in the US

Old Apr 28th 2010, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Location: Everett,Washington,(24 miles North of Seattle) U.S.A.
alien51 is just really nicealien51 is just really nicealien51 is just really nicealien51 is just really nicealien51 is just really nicealien51 is just really nicealien51 is just really nicealien51 is just really nice
Default Hi Everyone, 20 years in the US

I've been in the USA for twenty years,come this August.Originally from Dagenham,Essex,i can honestly say that i have had fun here,even though my marriage failed three years after getting here.

Over these years,i have lived in eleven states,some good,some not so,but in general,it is a good life.Recently,i have been considering returning home.I have never taken citizenship here,because i have been and always will be,British.

I know England has changed immensely,since i left and i know about the immigration problems that are hurting the U.K.,pretty much the same as what the USA is suffering with.

It would be interesting to see who wins the election over there next month and that would probably have bearing on my decision.

Are there any others that feel like this,or am i just going crazy,or getting old?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 11:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Everyone,

Hello and welcome to BE...it's very nice to meet you Alien.

I think you are far from feeling alone with the desire to return to the UK after many years. If you click here it will take you to our Moving Back To The UK forum. If you read through the threads you will see that there are many, many people in the same situation. In particular you may be interested in this thread...it shows the draw to return to one's roots after decades of life as an expat.

Another forum that I'm sure will be of interest to you is BE's US Forums...why don't you pop in and join in the banter?

If you have any problems navigating the forums please do not hesitate to contact a mod or admin. A list of each forums' mods is listed at the bottom right hand side of the forum's index page. Click on a name and it will take you to their profile page...on the right hand side you will see that you can contact them by sending a Private Message. Please note you will not be able to use this function until you have made 3 posts.

I look forward to seeing you in the US and MBTTUK forums.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Everyone, 20 years in the US

Yes I suppose we're all part of this 'immigrant problem'.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:53 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Everyone, 20 years in the US

Hi alien51,

Welcome to BE.

I know it can be quite daunting considering a move back to the UK, in some ways it seems more scary than the initial move abroad. However whatever you decide you will be sure to find some kindred spirits here.

Sue