2oz we hope

Old Nov 16th 2009, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

geran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2oz we hope

Hi - only joined yesterday. My name is Anne. and husband and I hoping to go to live in Victoria to be near our daughter and her family. They moved last year - devastated us but they are absolutely fine. Went to visit for a month at Easter and decided to apply for CPV which we did via an agent. Acknowledged in October so a long wait ahead.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:50 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2oz we hope

Hi geran,

Welcome to BE. Glad you have joined our little community. I hope you enjoy using the site and getting to know everyone. If you have any site usability questions please don't hesitate to let me know, or post in Site Feedback.

Sue
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Default 2ozwehope

Thanks Sue for prompting me. New to this - saw my daughter glued to the computer before leaving for Australia. Thought she was mad!! Never would have believed I would be doing the same - trying to leave UK and blogging. Pretty scary at this stage of our lives - but not as scary as the thought of staying here with no-one close!! Just had Skype contact with granddaughter which is the next best thing - can have virtual hugs and last week actually attended her birthday party via Skype - saw her guests, cut the cake and open the presents. Technology is great.
Bye for now.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geran
Hi - only joined yesterday. My name is Anne. and husband and I hoping to go to live in Victoria to be near our daughter and her family. They moved last year - devastated us but they are absolutely fine. Went to visit for a month at Easter and decided to apply for CPV which we did via an agent. Acknowledged in October so a long wait ahead.
Hello Anne and welcome to BE.

Below is a link to our Australia forums...post any questions you have about life down under in there. Just shout out if you need any help navigating the many BE forums.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54
Old Nov 25th 2009, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Hi everyone - unexpected happenings on Christmas Eve. Son in laws father died here in UK. Son in law managed flight from oz on Christmas Day with young daughter Only son, so in three weeks had to sort out a 400 year old listed cottage, sell antiques, arrange funeral, and dispose of car etc etc. Stayed with us for the duration and spending time with grand daughter an unexpected bonus, but not happy circumstances. Reinforced out desire to emigrate so that our daughter does not have the same situation when anything happens to us. She could not come over as they have a business, several horses , dogs and cats. Skype was red hot from early morning to late evening. They returned at the week-end and now await a property sale etc. Totally unexpected happening - just shows how unpredictable life really is. They had to endure the unbelievable snow and ice which added to the problem of moving around. All for now.