Hi from AZ

Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

TorquayGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi from AZ

Have been in the USA for 8 years, Canada for 16 years prior... now Ive decided to move home to the UK.... been away a long time, but its time to move home where my family is... I have a 4 year old and want to raise him in the UK, vs big city America.... just sent off for his UK passport and we are hoping to be moving back July 2010.

Am really overwhelmed on what to do next, so Ill be reading through the moving back to UK forum quite a bit and pick up on any tips.

I look at it this way, if I cannot adjust to being back to the English way of life, as we are American Citizens I can always move back to the USA... dont really want to go home with that in mind, but its always good to know we can come back.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from AZ

Originally Posted by TorquayGirl
Have been in the USA for 8 years, Canada for 16 years prior... now Ive decided to move home to the UK.... been away a long time, but its time to move home where my family is... I have a 4 year old and want to raise him in the UK, vs big city America.... just sent off for his UK passport and we are hoping to be moving back July 2010.

Am really overwhelmed on what to do next, so Ill be reading through the moving back to UK forum quite a bit and pick up on any tips.

I look at it this way, if I cannot adjust to being back to the English way of life, as we are American Citizens I can always move back to the USA... dont really want to go home with that in mind, but its always good to know we can come back.
Hello TorquayGirl and welcome to BE.

We are the lucky ones aren't we? We can live in either the US or UK...oops I'm forgetting all the other European countries.

Good luck.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome.

I love Torquay pottery
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello TorquayGirl and welcome to BE.

We are the lucky ones aren't we? We can live in either the US or UK...oops I'm forgetting all the other European countries.

Good luck.
yes it does make life easier with decisions ...
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

yes it does make life easier with decisions ...
Just curious why you wouldnt want to include canada - since you had lived there for 16 years before the US?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Just curious why you wouldnt want to include canada - since you had lived there for 16 years before the US?
Now that's not very welcoming is it?

Firstly it was me who said UK and US...I omitted Canada. Secondly it was because the OP said she was a US/UK citizen. Thirdly if she isn't a Canadian citizen she can't just upsticks and live there.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:31 am
Just Joined

Im sorry if that offends you, certainly wasnt my intention to upset my Canuck/UK pats. I am a Canadian citizen... moved to Calgary in 1983, then in 1986 moved to Vancouver and lived there until 2002 and them moved to the USA with a perm resident status, applied for US citizenship in 2006; I would not move back to Canada... so I guess thats why I didnt include it.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:36 am
Just Joined

Now that's not very welcoming is it?

Firstly it was me who said UK and US...I omitted Canada. Secondly it was because the OP said she was a US/UK citizen. Thirdly if she isn't a Canadian citizen she can't just upsticks and live there.
oh dear sorry to get the board in an uproar....

I am a UK citizen born and raised in Devon...
IN 1983 moved to Canada... and became a landed immigrant and then a citizen...
2002 Got my green card staus in the USA and in 2006 got my USA citizenship...

am now going home to England......

My son who was born in the USA is an American Citizen, he obtains UK citenship by descent... he actually obtains Canadian citizenship too....

SO................. I hope that explains my staus a little more although it shouldnt of been necessary/
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My son who was born in the USA is an American Citizen, he obtains UK citenship by descent... he actually obtains Canadian citizenship too....

SO................. I hope that explains my staus a little more although it shouldnt of been necessary/
Hon, no one is in an uproar. I was just curious why you preferred to live in the states instead of canada - always find it interesting - not questionning your decision in the least.

and if I hadnt asked, one of the ruder bastards would have.....

Good luck in moving back home - I hope you will be very happy.....

Last edited by willmore; Jan 20th 2010 at 12:50 am.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Hey no need to worry...Willmore knows I'm only pulling her wotsits. It's our British sense of humour.

Take a look at this tongue in cheek advice...it will give you an insight into BE. Many of us have been posting on BE almost every day for years...although we may not have had a face to face meeting we are friends. We rib and insult each other...like you do in real life...but to outsiders it may not look very friendly. That's why we use a lot of smilies...except for Ray.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 20th 2010 at 12:54 am.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you've destroyed our quiet, peaceful existence forever
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Yeah...bloody Southerners.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Get back to yer Puddings
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hey no need to worry...Willmore knows I'm only pulling her wotsits. It's our British sense of humour.

Take a look at this tongue in cheek advice...it will give you an insight into BE. Many of us have been posting on BE almost every day for years...although we may not have had a face to face meeting we are friends. We rib and insult each other...like you do in real life...but to outsiders it may not look very friendly.
Exactly - its all in good fun - just relax and join in.....

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I dont think Ill be able to sleep tonite.....

pmsl
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by willmore
Exactly - its all in good fun - just relax and join in.....

I dont think Ill be able to sleep tonite.....

pmsl
HAHAHA!

yeah too much bloody stress right now

Im looking at my home and wondering what to do next. Its overwhelming and stressful and on top of that.... when we went home in December all the kids laughed and giggled at my sons American accent..... I can handle me.... but how do I handle my 'then' 5 yr old coming home from school cos the kids make fun of him.... I know that sounds silly but Im so worried about it now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.