British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   26yr old couple looking to move to Australia - Nurse & Civil Engineer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/26yr-old-couple-looking-move-australia-nurse-civil-engineer-738345/)

james.kelly Nov 9th 2011 9:04 am

26yr old couple looking to move to Australia - Nurse & Civil Engineer

Hi Guys!

This is kind of the start of our journey.

Myself and my partner are both 26 and have our own house etc here in the UK and now we are both established in out careers we have desided that we would like to start a family - amit not in the UK!

Im a Civil / OHL Engineer for national grid and HND educated with around 7-8 yrs experience. My partner Kerry is a Staff Nurse and qualified around 1 yr ago.

Im just hoping that someone will give us advice and help as to what ever suppost to be looking at, who to contact and information about were would be suitable to live as a young couple.

But over and above - any help and information would be greatfully aprehiciated :)

Thanks

James + Kerry

Sherlock Holmes Nov 9th 2011 11:58 am

Re: 26yr old couple looking to move to Australia - Nurse & Civil Engineer

Originally Posted by james.kelly (Post 9722397)
Hi Guys!

Myself and my partner are both 26 and have our own house etc here in the UK and now we are both established in out careers we have desided that we would like to start a family - amit not in the UK!

Im a Civil / OHL Engineer for national grid and HND educated with around 7-8 yrs experience. My partner Kerry is a Staff Nurse and qualified around 1 yr ago.

Im just hoping that someone will give us advice and help as to what ever suppost to be looking at, who to contact and information about were would be suitable to live as a young couple.

But over and above - any help and information would be greatfully aprehiciated :)

Thanks

James + Kerry

Hi James & Kerry and welcome to B.E. :)

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including Australia can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

You might want to have a look here first to see if you qualify for a visa.

I'm sure you can find the main Australia forum and the immigration part to have a read but if not, shout!

Enjoy B.E. :)

Alistair.

Jerseygirl Nov 9th 2011 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by james.kelly (Post 9722397)
Hi Guys!

Thanks

James + Kerry

Hello and welcome to BE.

I'm sorry I can't help you with your questions about moving to Australia but the people who post in our Australia Forums... will be able to help you. They will also give you tips and advice on life Down Under. The link I have given you will take you to the main index page of the Australia Forum...at the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums. The top forum is the Immigration Forum...all questions about visas and the actual immigration process should be posted in there. The Main forum is for topics relating to Australia and The Barbie is for general chit chat.

I also recommend you take a look at out Working Abroad by Profession Forum. You will see there is a sub forum dedicated to Nursing.

Here is the link for the BE Wiki. There may also be relevant information in the stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page...please take time to read through them before you begin to post.

Kelli28, Sherlock Holmes and newjersey are the concierges for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli, Alistair or newjersey

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alfresco.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help. Good luck. :)

Rosemary Nov 9th 2011 2:10 pm

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

dreadsoc Nov 10th 2011 9:36 am

Hi

Welcome to BE from me too
Good luck with your quest

Dread - x

Sue Feb 2nd 2012 1:43 pm

Hi James + Kerry,

How is the research for your move going? Have you made any headway?