Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

20 years in Kansas Overland Park

20 years in Kansas Overland Park

Old Mar 13th 2019, 1:58 am
Just Joined

tjmaden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 20 years in Kansas Overland Park

Hi, I've lived in Overland Park, Kansas for 21 years but am now considering moving to other part of USA or back to UK. I'm in Japan Osaka at the moment. I miss the English outdoors the most. My family still in Shropshire. Interested in learning what hoops to get back permanently. Thanks.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 2:11 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 20 years in Kansas Overland Park

If you have a valid British passport then you purchase a flight and go. Do you have family members you wish to accompany you?
Old Mar 13th 2019, 2:15 am
Just Joined

Yes, valid BP. No family. US wife decided to leave me this month. I remain hopeful she not but if she does no reason to stay.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 2:40 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE

Regardless of the ease of having a British passport/citizenship to assist your move back to the UK, there is still much to leave about the process itself, i.e. NHS, housing, etc. The Moving Back to the UK forum is the perfect place to address your questions and get answers. After a quick read of the forum rules, linked below, please have a visit at the MBTTUK forum I've also linked below.

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/http://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/
Old Mar 13th 2019, 5:24 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

If you haven't already become a US citizen it's certainly worth considering before moving to the UK just in case you change your mind once you get there.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 10:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently he is residing in Japan at the moment. Difficult to naturalize from there.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 3:02 am
Just Joined

I am an itinerant missionary sharing Gospel in Japan this month return to USA April. I'm a US citizen already. I will probably travel around USA for remainder of 2019, God only knows. I am a Quality Manager, Project Manager, & Kaizen Facilitator by trade working in Manufacturing, Information Technology decision support and Engineering software training.

Last edited by tjmaden; Mar 14th 2019 at 3:17 am.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 3:25 am
Concierge

Sir, As this is the Welcome Inn we discourage back and forth dialogue and ask that you continue your posting in the appropriate forum. If you wish there are several forums that might be of interest to you including the one "Moving Back to the UK" which I had already given you the link to access.

Here is the link for the USA forums which might be where you feel most comfortable. Or perhaps you might want to visit the Lounge which is located further down the BE opening page.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/