British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   **BritishExpat Virgin Here** (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/%2A%2Abritishexpat-virgin-here%2A%2A-718417/)

JRag May 25th 2011 5:17 pm

**BritishExpat Virgin Here**

Hi All,

Very new to this so please be gentle!
Just wanted to say HI! We are currently awaiting our medical requests then it should be all systems go!
We are looking to move to Adelaide early next year if all goes to plan.
Can anyone give me any advice on where I can find good holiday accomodation? We are not sure of an area as I guess it will depend when/where my husabnd can find a job - he's a builder & all rounder. Any advice on where the best suburbs maybe? I've been looking at Henley Beach/Glenelg/Brighton/Noarlunga?? They all seem really nice areas but again it's pick of draw - Its hard with not knowing anyone over there & just looking on the web & never actually been ourselves!
Any builders out there can shed any light on current employment situation??
We are thinking of staying in holiday rental for a month or so before renting long term. Thinking it maybe hard to rent from UK with us bringing our 2 puppies so would prefer to view in person.

Maybe too many questions but like I said I'm new to this - would be helpful for someone to show me the way.....
I joined last year but never really used it.

Jerseygirl May 25th 2011 5:31 pm

Re: **BritishExpat Virgin Here**

Hello there and welcome back to BE.

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. As this forum is for introductions only it would be best if you could repost your questions in the Australia Forums. We have a great crowd of people who live Down Under...they will help you if they can. Also take a look at the Working Abroad by Profession forum and the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of useful info in there.

Before you begin posting please take time to read through the Site Rules and any stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

Kelli28 is the concierge for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli.

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alfresco.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help. Welcome once again.

JRag May 25th 2011 5:43 pm

Thanks JerseyGirl for info I'll have a look at the links etc.. x

Jerseygirl May 25th 2011 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by JRag (Post 9387703)
Thanks JerseyGirl for info I'll have a look at the links etc.. x

Good luck.

Rosemary May 25th 2011 6:04 pm

Hi and a big warm BE welcome from Spain.

I see that Jerseygirl has provided you with a host of forums to look at so that should give you loads of information. Remember that the members have had a great of different experiences so ask your questions and you will learn what to do and above all what not to do.

Enjoy using BE, we were all new and virginal at one point or other so do not be too nervous we are friendly, we do not bite, well most of us do not.

Good luck with your research and best wishes for your adventure.

Rosemary

JRag May 25th 2011 8:44 pm

Thank you Rosemary, Yes Jerseygirl has given me lots of links to look at. I have heard from friends that the site is very useful & to hear the different points of views from everyone. Hopefully I will gain lots of good information to able our move over from the UK.