Reload this Page >

Moving back to the UK....

Moving back to the UK....

Old May 24th 2011, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

gamjis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to the UK....

Hi,

We are a family of 4 (kids are 15 and 9). We moved out of Greater London area to KL, Malaysia in early 2006 and as things stand now there is a very high probability that we would be moving back to the UK during this calendar year (2011).

Though we have kept tabs on the upward movement of VAT, Fuel etc. but we do not have complete view of the net change as compared to March 2006 - in monetary terms.

In other words assuming, we had an income of GBP 1200 per annum in 2006 - how much should I ask for from my new employer in order to maintain the same std. of living as we had back in 2006 ?

Any views/perspectives on the above would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
GR
Old May 24th 2011, 6:15 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to the UK....

Hello and a big welcome to BE from Spain.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Moving Back to the UK forum that will help you.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

I moved here in July 2006 so I cannot help with wages and prices but you will find that a lot of members will come on and help you.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 24th 2011, 8:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gamjis
Hi,

We are a family of 4 (kids are 15 and 9). We moved out of Greater London area to KL, Malaysia in early 2006 and as things stand now there is a very high probability that we would be moving back to the UK during this calendar year (2011).

Though we have kept tabs on the upward movement of VAT, Fuel etc. but we do not have complete view of the net change as compared to March 2006 - in monetary terms.

In other words assuming, we had an income of GBP 1200 per annum in 2006 - how much should I ask for from my new employer in order to maintain the same std. of living as we had back in 2006 ?

Any views/perspectives on the above would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
GR
Welcome to BE GR. Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself to us.

We have had a few members recently who have lived in the Far East and wish to return home to good old Blighty. I strongly suggest you repost your questions in our Moving Back To The UK Forums. We have a great crowd of very helpful and supportive members who post in those forums...so if you post any questions you may have regarding the move home I'm sure you get some helpful replies. Also take a look in the BE Wiki.

We have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guides if you need help navigating your way through the many BE forums. You can find a list of our concierge's at the bottom right hand side of this forum's index page.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a moderator...you can find the mod's name at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index page. Moderators' names are in bold print and concierges' names are in standard print.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help. Good luck.
Old May 25th 2011, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

gamjis is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks JerseyGirl. Have done as per your advise.
Old May 25th 2011, 4:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gamjis
Thanks JerseyGirl. Have done as per your advise.
Excellent.