Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Zee Germans...

Zee Germans...

Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:18 pm
Oxymath and eremite

Stumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the rough
Default Zee Germans...

I can never keep track of this, so are the Germans good guys now because they helped us in Afghanistan, or are they part of Old Europe that the Bush administration doesn't approve of, or what? Confusing, isn't it.

I keep watching Fox News in the hope that they will make it all clear, but so far I have seen neither a tittle nor a jot of explanation. Hopefully some lurking Americans will be able to chime in here and help to clear this up.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

You're watching Fox news and hoping for clarity ... hahaha ... ooo sorry i know i shouldnt but hahahaha tooo funny

Jan
Old Sep 24th 2003, 5:03 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

I was thinking the same thing LOL.

www.bbc.co.uk/news

It has some clarity but I think even the BBC is changing for the worse these days.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road

Better ask Rupert Murdoch.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 7:30 pm
Oxymath and eremite

Stumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by edwords
Better ask Rupert Murdoch.
I can't do that now that the restraining order has been filed.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 8:35 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zee Germans...

Originally posted by Stumpyguy
I keep watching Fox News

You would think they would have invented a cure for that by now! I actually like fox news, it is by far the funniest comedy show on american TV.

Fair and Balanced - I can only assume someone misheard fairly unbalanced or Sensationalism without Journalism was taken!

Watch the morning program and see if, like me, you can only think of Not the Nine O'Clock news when you watch it (the bird is not half as good looking as Pam though!)

Patrick
Old Sep 24th 2003, 8:40 pm
Oxymath and eremite

Originally posted by Patrick ... Watch the morning program and see if, like me, you can only think of Not the Nine O'Clock news when you watch it (the bird is not half as good looking as Pam though!)

Patrick
Yes, to be serious for a moment I do watch it for 10 minutes or so in the mornings in addition to CNBC and a BBC World news program that has started appearing early in the morning on our PBS channel. I know exactly what you mean, I keep expecting to see the tongue in cheek commercial that the Not The Nine O'Clock News team did about "Ford, Built by Roberts".

Remember? "Hey Bob, have you got the spanner?" "No, ask Bob". Etc. etc.

I can see I am going to have to get some different bait. I was fishing for Yanks, and all I caught were a couple of Brits and a Scot. 10 o'clock, 2 o'clock, 10 o'clock, 2 o'clock,

Last edited by Stumpyguy; Sep 24th 2003 at 8:43 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 10:53 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I can never keep track of this, so are the Germans good guys now because they helped us in Afghanistan, or are they part of Old Europe that the Bush administration doesn't approve of, or what? Confusing, isn't it.

I keep watching Fox News in the hope that they will make it all clear, but so far I have seen neither a tittle nor a jot of explanation. Hopefully some lurking Americans will be able to chime in here and help to clear this up.

It's got to be that good German/bad German thing again. I expect Bush saw all those Colditz episodes.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Zee Germans...

Germany has a question mark on it. Americans sort of envision Germany as working with us. Injured soldiers are often reported "flown to Germany for medical treatment." I don't think we see Germany as ever fully opposing our wishes. I haven't seen any Germany bashing.. more a hopeful question mark.

Last edited by jaytee; Sep 24th 2003 at 11:49 pm.