Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

In your name

In your name

Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:28 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default In your name

How do you feel about your tax money being spent on this?

Gitmo Bay

considering he won the election on moral values, and forgiving christian beliefs, I think this administration is a hypocritical joke.

I bet there is no mention of this on Wednesday's State of the Union.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In your name

******' state of the union...all the tele has been shelved for that...well annoying...not that there ain't enough tv stations, so WTF...
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Did you read about the Pentagon considering the 'El Salvador' option in Iraq?

-tom
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:56 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
How do you feel about your tax money being spent on this?

Gitmo Bay

considering he won the election on moral values, and forgiving christian beliefs, I think this administration is a hypocritical joke.

I bet there is no mention of this on Wednesday's State of the Union.
Yes but unfortunately it's an armed and dangerous hypocritical joke.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
now that's scary...so students can have even more crappy t-shirts made...
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:25 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

-tom
I did. And if they're going to be sending in assassins, why didn't they send them in before to bump off Saddam and save thousands of lives? Of course they don't have an especially good record - they've spent 40 odd years trying to assassinate Castro, and still haven't managed it.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:30 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Of course they don't have an especially good record - they've spent 40 odd years trying to assassinate Castro, and still haven't managed it.
They're quite good with invading little states, e.g. Greneda, Panama. Since 1945, seem to usually loose with anything bigger than this, though.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit
They're quite good with invading little states, e.g. Greneda, Panama. Since 1945, seem to usually loose with anything bigger than this, though.
Well of course the problems start when people actually fight back, ungrateful wretches that they are.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:35 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Well of course the problems start when people actually fight back, ungrateful wretches that they are.

Can't understand it myself. Don't they want freedom, baseball and hotdogs or what?
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:40 pm

Can't understand it myself. Don't they want freedom, baseball and hotdogs or what?
For some reason they seem to think that that particular sort of freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose. And then there are those antiquated ideas they persist in holding, such as national sovereignty.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:47 pm
Septicity

For some reason they seem to think that that particular sort of freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose. And then there are those antiquated ideas they persist in holding, such as national sovereignty.

Well if they went to church every Sunday like me and my family, the pastor would quietly explain to them that America is always right and if they do as they're told and sell us plenty of gas (my Suburban don't half drink it!) and cheap labour, we'd be happy to call them friends, even if we couldn't point to their insignificant little country on a map.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:19 pm

Well if they went to church every Sunday like me and my family, the pastor would quietly explain to them that America is always right and if they do as they're told and sell us plenty of gas (my Suburban don't half drink it!) and cheap labour, we'd be happy to call them friends, even if we couldn't point to their insignificant little country on a map.

What Did You Learn in School Today?
Tom Paxton

What did you learn in school today,
Dear little boy of mine?
Dear little boy of mine?
I learned that Washington never told a lie.
I learned that soldiers seldom die.
I learned that everybody's free.
And that's what the teacher said to me.
That's what I learned in school today.
That's what I learned in school.

Dear little boy of mine?
Dear little boy of mine?
I learned that policemen are my friends.
I learned that justice never ends.
I learned that murderers die for their crimes.
Even if we make a mistake sometimes.

Dear little boy of mine?
Dear little boy of mine?
I learned our government must be strong.
It's always right and never wrong.
Our leaders are the finest men.
And we elect them again and again.

Dear little boy of mine?
Dear little boy of mine?
I learned that war is not so bad.
I learned of the great ones we have had.
We fought in Germany and in France.
And some day I might get my chance.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:23 pm
Septicity

What Did You Learn in School Today?
Tom Paxton
Too true!
Me and my friends are going to get ourselves elected to the school board to make sure education stays this way and keep them there gay liberal teachers under control. Our preacher is helping us.

Last edited by fatbrit; Feb 1st 2005 at 10:25 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:27 pm

Too true!
Me and my friends are going to get ourselves elected to the school board to make sure education stays this way and keep them there gay liberal teachers under control. Or preacher is helping us.

Well why do you think I organised a Parent Committee (and made myself Chairperson) at my son's pre-school? Can't start too young, that's what I say.
I actually found a book in my son's classroom which shows all the different kinds of people that there are in the world, along with their different customs; it clearly implied that all were equal, with the same rights attached.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:34 pm
Septicity

Well why do you think I organised a Parent Committee (and made myself Chairperson) at my son's pre-school? Can't start too young, that's what I say.
I actually found a book in my son's classroom which shows all the different kinds of people that there are in the world, along with their different customs; it clearly implied that all were equal, with the same rights attached.

I think you should be using the term Chairwoman; Chairperson is one of those nasty liberal tricks to turn us all into homosexuals.

Well the only country I've heard has equal rights is America, not that I've wanted to live or visit any other country, of course! My suggestion would be to take those there foreign books to the church and the pastor can burn them all on the altar while everybody sings "What a friend we have in Jesus".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.