Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Which is your favorite family restaurant chain ?

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite family restaurant chain?
Denny`s
36.00%
Applebee`s
24.00%
Chili`s
32.00%
Sizzler`s
0%
IHOP
8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Which is your favorite family restaurant chain ?

Old Sep 21st 2004, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Nick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud of
Question Which is your favorite family restaurant chain ?

Which is your favorite family restaurant chain?

One step above the "fast food joints" are the family restaurants, they all developed out of the original "American Diner" a concept I cherish a lot:
an informal and inexpensive place to eat hearty and good food around the clock, drink endless amounts of free coffee and chat with the sexy waitresses. I love american diners

Last edited by Nick01; Sep 21st 2004 at 7:16 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2004, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which is your favorite family restaurant chain ?

Originally Posted by Nick01
and chat with the sexy waitresses. I love american diners
What diners are you going too? cos there aint no sexy women in the ones near me!
Old Sep 21st 2004, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Nick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mattbutt
What diners are you going too? cos there aint no sexy women in the ones near me!
You have to move to Monterey, California where I met a very sexy waitress in a family restaurant
Old Sep 21st 2004, 7:56 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

Hooters?
Old Sep 21st 2004, 9:16 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I must have missed the option in your poll for "None of these shitty chain-restaurants that are killing small-town America with their bland clone-food"

We have many favourite family restaurants around us here, but even in the depths of suburbia, we stick to one-off family-run places whenever we can. They're out there, you just have to look for them!
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

From your list? Applebees however my favourite chain is Olive Garden Mmmm

Ash
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

bodmin13 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
From your list? Applebees however my favourite chain is Olive Garden Mmmm

Ash
OH my God, I can't believe anyone actually eats at Olive Garden. In VA we used to eat at Topekas Steak house but in CA we like to eat at The Cheesecake Factory, it ain't all about the pudding.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodmin13
OH my God, I can't believe anyone actually eats at Olive Garden.
Different horses for different courses In other words each to thier own.

Love their salad and bread sticks Mmmm
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

bodmin13 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Different horses for different courses In other words each to thier own.

Love their salad and bread sticks Mmmm
I didn't mean any offence but the 1 time I ate there they charged a minor fortune for a tiny portion of COLD Lasagna which didn't taste nice at all.
My step-mother in law is Italian born and raised and she has spoiled us with real italian cooking, her mother at 80+ years old still makes her own pasta and Gnocci to die for.*drool running down chin*
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I didn't mean any offence
None taken

Ash
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 1:15 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nick01
Which is your favorite family restaurant chain?

One step above the "fast food joints" are the family restaurants, they all developed out of the original "American Diner" a concept I cherish a lot:
an informal and inexpensive place to eat hearty and good food around the clock, drink endless amounts of free coffee and chat with the sexy waitresses. I love american diners
I would've thought that "family chain restaurants" arose from the restaurant business creating a dining atmosphere a little more restaurant like than a fast food joint, offering meals that are probably not unlike American frozen food dinners but at inflated prices.

I had the misfortune to go to a Chilli's once. I went with colleagues at lunchtime. The food was unremarkable and the service was deathly slow (not a good idea for lunchtime when feeding workers).

The last time I dined at a family style chain restaurant was probably in the spring. I had fish and broccolli entree from the low carb menu at my local Ruby Tuesday's. It was pretty good.

Also, I prefer ethnic foods and regional American foods and these tend to get bastardized at chain restaurants ('cos they want to attract the lowest common denominator. Means big bucks 'cos they don't take chances).

So, the PF Changs experience was underwhelming as well as being noisy (imagine a dining atmosphere in a nightclub without the sweaty bodies) and same low level of lighting.

NC Penguin
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 2:03 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

OH my God, I can't believe anyone actually eats at Olive Garden. In VA we used to eat at Topekas Steak house but in CA we like to eat at The Cheesecake Factory, it ain't all about the pudding.
Cheesecake Factory is good, but you always have to wait at the one near me!!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 2:10 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by James Box
Hooters?
No no Winghouse.....
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 2:14 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

There's a CF near me (well, it's probaby about 30 miles away) and I've heard that there's long queues to get in. Back on Valentine's Day, I heard the wait was as much 4 hours for a table. Hardly a romantic way to spend the day, is it?

NC Penguin
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

We have two near us.

If I had to choose between the list, then maybe Denny's. Usually have their buffalo tenders.

P.S. I like Olive Garden. Three meat ravioli(sp) is awsome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.