Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

You'd think....

You'd think....

Old Jun 12th 2004, 12:25 am

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Wink You'd think....

... I'd asked for something really weird!

My sister Simonne (24 and single) is coming to visit me on the 26th of this month and you should have heard her protest when I asked her to bring a couple of things.

Does this sound like a lot to you?

Cricket bats and wickets X 2
Continental quilts and covers X 3 (1 queen 2 twin)
Ready Brek (she can take it out of the box if she wants right?)

That's only like a few things innit?
Old Jun 12th 2004, 12:31 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

A quilt with a cover!!! Send one my way too!
Old Jun 12th 2004, 12:42 am

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by RoB1833
A quilt with a cover!!! Send one my way too!
I know!

Way easier than shoving the whole comforter in the machine eh?
Old Jun 12th 2004, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute
Default quilts!

Have to tell you to have a look at www.overstock.com
I bought a gorgeous 100% down, kingsize,baffle box, quilt complete with a white duvet cover(100% cotton),just after the New Year for $69.99 +$1 s&h,I am thrilled to bits with it!
Then in April I also bought a beautiful duvet with two matching pillow shams( all 100% cotton),it looks like one of those lovely American handmade quilts,it's the 'Carpenters Square' pattern,also the whole lot together was also $69.99+ $1 s&h and each time the order arrived with one week......well worth having a look at the website!!!.....Sophia
Old Jun 12th 2004, 4:05 am
Professional Mover

RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: quilts!

Originally posted by Sophia_S
Have to tell you to have a look at www.overstock.com
I bought a gorgeous 100% down, kingsize,baffle box, quilt complete with a white duvet cover(100% cotton),just after the New Year for $69.99 +$1 s&h,I am thrilled to bits with it!
Then in April I also bought a beautiful duvet with two matching pillow shams( all 100% cotton),it looks like one of those lovely American handmade quilts,it's the 'Carpenters Square' pattern,also the whole lot together was also $69.99+ $1 s&h and each time the order arrived with one week......well worth having a look at the website!!!.....Sophia
At those prices I miss Ikea in Warrington!
Old Jun 12th 2004, 4:15 am
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: You'd think....

Originally posted by BrigieDarling

i think you can get quilts/duvets and covers at linen 'n' things. i might have also seen some at some at target. i bought mine at linen 'n' things. very good quality i must add.

is UK queen same size as US queen? does anyone know? I thought i had a queen bed in the UK. took measurements, and when i went to buy linen, i bought full instead. (didnt ship my beds).
Old Jun 12th 2004, 5:31 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Often have MIL bring duvets ....but three in one go is pushing it. American customs agents are convinced there's stuff in them and they're pretty bulky.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 6:09 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

get a couple of Spacesaver bags ...suck all the air out with a vacumn cleaner and 3 duvets will be just a few inches high
http://www.spacebag.com/specials/valuecombo.asp
Old Jun 12th 2004, 7:21 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you miss the Marks and Sparks next door to.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
get a couple of Spacesaver bags ...suck all the air out with a vacumn cleaner and 3 duvets will be just a few inches high
http://www.spacebag.com/specials/valuecombo.asp
Yes!.....got a few spacebags as well!..they're great!..Sophia
Old Jun 12th 2004, 11:31 am
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you getting UK duvets instead of the US ones? We bought a kingsize duvet at Linnens 'n Things and got covers from Sears and Macys. The children still have their UK quilts and I get their covers from the UK because you get great character covers and more choice in pretty ones from the UK. But I wouldn't bother buying the quilts from the UK
Old Jun 12th 2004, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

where in Warry were u ? I was on Lilford Ave.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 3:34 pm
Brit'n'TX

My sister Simonne (24 and single) is coming to visit me on the 26th of this month and you should have heard her protest when I asked her to bring a couple of things.

What about the Branston Pickle?

Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:14 pm
Professional Mover

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
where in Warry were u ? I was on Lilford Ave.
Didn't live in Warrington, just used to go there for Ikea.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice

Perfectly reasonable request!
My brother in law is coming over next Saturday and I am putting a list together. Top of the list?
Orange squash and lemon barley!!!!

I managed to hit a good sale at Homebase before moving over last September - I got a double feather and down quilt for £17.50 and three single ones for £15 each. All of them a third of their original price! Comforters don't seem to do so well after being washed a few times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.