Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

you might have seen this before, but I think

you might have seen this before, but I think

Old Mar 9th 2004, 8:24 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default you might have seen this before, but I think

MI-5 have a lot of answering to do

Old Mar 10th 2004, 10:27 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: you might have seen this before, but I think

Originally posted by manc1976
Aside from that, don't we have some silly town names in the UK? Chipping Ongar - Kelvedon Hatch. I ask ya
Old Mar 10th 2004, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by ScousePete
Aside from that, don't we have some silly town names in the UK? Chipping Ongar - Kelvedon Hatch. I ask ya
And aside from that, this picture made me realise the lack of descriptive direction signs around Austin here. There's plenty pointing you to different roads - I-35, 360, etc - but unless I've been missing them, there seems to be very few indicating the route to actual places. Maybe this is why it's taking me a while to learn my way around the place?
Old Mar 10th 2004, 1:53 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 10th 2004, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

Ah, Bell End... Wollaston, near Wellingborough, Northants.

At any given moment there are thirty Viz readers queueing up to have their picture taken next to that sign!!
Old Mar 10th 2004, 3:23 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

There is another one of these on the way to North Wales as you pass out of Cheshire. sorry but I cannot remember the exact location. I do remember the town names were Welsh.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 3:26 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Is it the one on the North Wales/Cheshire border near Nantwhich?
been there....... spooky bloody place.....
Old Mar 10th 2004, 3:27 pm

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Is it the one on the North Wales/Cheshire border near Nantwhich?
been there....... spooky bloody place.....
Yes I believe it was.

On the way from Stoke to Llangollen going southabout.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 4:24 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Big Vern
Ah, Bell End... Wollaston, near Wellingborough, Northants.
Wollaston... that takes me back 25 years..is Santa pod Raceway (Drag Strip) near there ..still there???
Old Mar 10th 2004, 4:48 pm

Originally posted by ray6
Wollaston... that takes me back 25 years..is Santa pod Raceway (Drag Strip) near there ..still there???
Is that where Santa Pod was ? I thought it was Darn Sarff.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 4:53 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by TRPardoe
Is that where Santa Pod was ? I thought it was Darn Sarff.
And what would a Ford man know about high performance engines....Mopar Man!!!!!
Old Mar 10th 2004, 4:55 pm

And what would a Ford man know about high performance engines....Mopar Man!!!!!
Is it true that when you buy a Dodge Hemi from our partner store it comes with a free gas station ?

The number of people trading them in with 1,000 miles or less on them is astonishing. The resale value sucks.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 5:01 pm
Ray

Originally posted by TRPardoe
Is it true that when you buy a Dodge Hemi from our partner store it comes with a free gas station ?

The number of people trading them in with 1,000 miles or less on them is astonishing. The resale value sucks.
LOL... Thats what the dodge dealers here say about the Ford ...
Old Mar 10th 2004, 5:06 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

I've actually seen those signs as I used to live in Chelmsford, I think the bunker was up for sale to the public.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 5:33 pm

LOL... Thats what the dodge dealers here say about the Ford ...
Personal experience - I took a Hemi truck in trade, when the owner first came in it had 430 miles on it. He actually traded at about 1,020 miles.

We called our Dodge store for a price. The GSM said he had two with low miles already and didn't want another one !

Unofficial gas mileage is about 8 or 9 on these vehicles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.