Reload this Page >

Are you living in California?

Are you living in California?

Old Apr 9th 2010, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

sa_designer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are you living in California?

I would love to meet some great people.

I’m a SWF (I turn 35 this month) in Buena Park, CA. Its just outside of LA. I have no car but I do have a bike and I’m getting use to the public transport service slowly!

I’m a web designer from London, UK. Struggling to get on with California but hoping that by meeting more people and putting myself out there I’ll start to enjoy it more.

I’m into lots of things and love meeting people who may have different interests to me? I’m currently into Bikram yoga, just downloaded the new Crookers album and I’m enjoying ‘True blood’ series 2.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sarah
Old Apr 9th 2010, 11:35 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you living in California?

Originally Posted by sa_designer

I’m a SWF (I turn 35 this month) in Buena Park, CA. Its just outside of LA. I have no car but I do have a bike and I’m getting use to the public transport service slowly!

I’m a web designer from London, UK. Struggling to get on with California but hoping that by meeting more people and putting myself out there I’ll start to enjoy it more.

I’m into lots of things and love meeting people who may have different interests to me? I’m currently into Bikram yoga, just downloaded the new Crookers album and I’m enjoying ‘True blood’ series 2.

Sarah

This site has been helpful to a few folk http://www.meetup.com/
Old Apr 9th 2010, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

sa_designer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Poppy!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 11:41 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Poppy!
Sorry I am not closer, but I did have a quick look in my area and there is quite a bit going on.
http://www.meetup.com/Little-Paws-of-Central-Valley-CA/
My room-mate will be into this link for sure lol
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:25 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah
Hey Sarah, we live out in Woodland Hills which unfortunately is the opposite direction to you.

Been here over 2 years now, and have also found it difficult to meet people, I have a young daughter you would think I would meet people through her, but oh no. Some people say its easier to meet people if you are single, others say if you have a family... Everyone I come across seems to struggle.

How long have you been here? You're a brave girl not having a car in California, I would feel like my legs had been chopped off
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky
Hey Sarah, we live out in Woodland Hills which unfortunately is the opposite direction to you.

Been here over 2 years now, and have also found it difficult to meet people, I have a young daughter you would think I would meet people through her, but oh no. Some people say its easier to meet people if you are single, others say if you have a family... Everyone I come across seems to struggle.

How long have you been here? You're a brave girl not having a car in California, I would feel like my legs had been chopped off
Pity we don't live closer we could of got a tandem N1cky lol.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:48 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Pity we don't live closer we could of got a tandem N1cky lol.
We could even have got one of those covered things with 4 seats, meaning the 2 in the back could have a few
Old Apr 14th 2010, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by N1cky
We could even have got one of those covered things with 4 seats, meaning the 2 in the back could have a few
I can just see it

Sally and Sambapink co-pilots
Old Apr 18th 2010, 2:43 am
Just Joined

DavidS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarah,

Hope life is good with you! I am out in Bakersfield, about 2 hours from LA. If you ever fancy a chat please email me <<snip>>

I have been here about 7 months now but on and off for 2 yrs. Be glad to help anyway I can.

That goes for anyone else too in CA. Drop me a line.

David

Last edited by Sue; Apr 18th 2010 at 1:11 pm. Reason: Not a good idea to post your email address on a public forum. Instead share that via pm.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

soap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sarah

I'm east of you in Norco.

You are very brave not having car - been there and lasted almost a year - it was tough.

I have the same problem as you and would love to meet up with Brits for a coffee and a chat. If you hear of any meet up groups or decide to form one let me know and I will come along.

Soap addict

Sarah
Old Apr 21st 2010, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

skydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to behold

Hay

I am just up the road in Lake Forest, we have been here just over a year, made a few friends mainly Americans, if you get up this way give me a shout you are welcome to come round for a brew

Steve
Old Apr 25th 2010, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

scottishinsocal is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm in santa ana here, been here bout 7 years and for some reason find it hard to connect with the local populace (maybe the accent, americans are kinda funny that way lol) anyway, i'd love to talk to some fellow brits in socal. guess i'm getting homesick lol
Old Apr 26th 2010, 5:29 pm
2nd Gen Indian-American

Location: formerly Orange Co, CA ('07-early '09), back living btw Baltimore and DC thank god 'cept weather
fiestada will become famous soon enoughfiestada will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by scottishinsocal
i'm in santa ana here, been here bout 7 years and for some reason find it hard to connect with the local populace (maybe the accent, americans are kinda funny that way lol) anyway, i'd love to talk to some fellow brits in socal. guess i'm getting homesick lol
replied to your other thread .

big brit expat community in santa monica.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

khem180 is just really nicekhem180 is just really nicekhem180 is just really nicekhem180 is just really nicekhem180 is just really nicekhem180 is just really nicekhem180 is just really nicekhem180 is just really nice

Hi - I'm in Irvine, so it's looks like there are a few of us in Orange County. Maybe we should try and organise some sort of meet-up soon? I'd particularly like to find somewhere to watch the England V USA match on Sat June 12th, so that's one possibility. Any suggestions for where? I haven't been to any British pubs yet since moving over here, but I've heard the Olde Ship in Santa Ana mentioned before. Any good?
Old May 10th 2010, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Cholmondley is an unknown quantity at this point

Try www.meetup.com - I have several British friends who use it, seems to put groups of people with similar interests together.

Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.