Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

You can create a petition for ANYTHING (no kidding!)

You can create a petition for ANYTHING (no kidding!)

Old Sep 11th 2005, 10:40 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default You can create a petition for ANYTHING (no kidding!)

I was looking at an online petition site -- cleverly called www.PetitionOnline.com -- and apparently you can create a petition for just about anything you can think of. I was in the "Politics and Government-USA" section and here are some of the more interesting ones I saw (I'm including links so you'll know I'm not making this up!)...

This kid created a petition to demand his Advanced Placement Calculus teacher, Mrs MacDougal, "discontinue until further notice" the AP Calculus exam because he feels she did properly prepare them for it.

This guy is petitioning against the "oversensitivity of Native American People"

This kid is trying his best to get homework banned. Might not be such a good idea, there, kiddo -- you misspelled the word "elementary".

This person wants the youth of America to boycott pants. Yes, pants. And he says that once he signs the petition he will no longer wear pants because they were "creations of the devil, much like bran".

This one isn't funny really but some people here might find it interesting: It's a petition for Bush to create a British Heritage Month.

This dude are petitioning for George Bush to take up playing video games instead of subjecting Americans to war "to fulfill any militaristic fantasies" he might have. He even offered to send him a PlayStation console and some games! Not a bad idea, actually...

This woman must have been stoned when she wrote this because for the life of me I can't figure out what it is she's saying. Something about hating Christmas music... I think...

Aaah, yes... And then there's the guy who wants dolphin sex legalized. For a giggle take a look and see why he feels this must be done.

All those and I was skimming and only got down to the D's. And that was just the "Politics and Government-USA" section. I can't imagine what must be in the "Religion" category or "Entertainment and Media"!!

Take a look and see what funky petitions you can find. It'll be fun!!!!

~ Jenney
Old Sep 11th 2005, 1:35 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You can create a petition for ANYTHING (no kidding!)

Why do they say Scots and Celts? Scots are Celts perhaps they should look into their ancestoral homeland a bit further.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 2:31 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You can create a petition for ANYTHING (no kidding!)

Waste of time: Signing and circulating online petitions is an effective way of remedying important issues.

Do something more active.