Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Yorkshire puddings...:-(

Yorkshire puddings...:-(

Old Feb 21st 2005, 12:27 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yorkshire puddings...:-(

I'm hungry.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 12:48 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default OT- Re: Yorkshire puddings...:-(

Slightly OT but I've switched flours for baking recently and would heartily recommend King Arthur brand all purpose (plain) flour for baking. Much better than the Gold Label brand I was previously using.

Haven't tried Yorkshire puds with KA flour yet but when I do, I'll photograph the results.

NC Penguin
Old Feb 21st 2005, 1:09 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Another crucial thing I find necessary is to make the mixture and then leave it to stand for 30 mins before cooking. If I don't do that, they always flop, no matter how hot the oil or oven. Don't know why, it just works for me.
That's for the gluten in the flour to start reacting with the liquid.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

Well, I have lots to play about with now! Won't be making them next Sunday as I have a girlie afternoon watching the Oscars...red carpet onwards...but the Sunday after...plan is:

i) Heat the oven to absolute max
ii) Use vegetable oil instead of olive oil
iii) Cover up the vent
iv) Put the batter in the fridge
v) Find a store that does sell Aunt Bessie's! LOL

I'll let you know if they rise or flop .

Lottie