Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Yet Another US Citizenship Honor for Me!

Yet Another US Citizenship Honor for Me!

Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:20 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Yet Another US Citizenship Honor for Me!

I get home this evening and I find a big Tyvek envelope sitting on my doorstep. I see that it's from Senator Richard Burr. I'm puzzled. I haven't even registered to vote yet.

Inside the envelope is a box. On the front of the box is printed "Valley Forge", "Made in the USA". I'm still none the wiser so I open the box. Inside is a huge cotton US flag. It's too big for my flagpole (hello AWP!). Still confused.

There's a lettersize envelope with the box. Inside the box is a certificate that reads:

"This is to certify that the accompanying flag was flown over the United States Capitol on April 3, 2006, at the request of the Honorable Richard Burr, United States Senator.

This flag was flown for <<insert my name here>> in celebration of becoming a United States citizen".

Aha. Now I get it. Pity I wasn't told in advance of the honor. I could've got someone to photograph the flag fluttering over the Capitol on the celebratory day. Oh well. It's the thought that counts.

Has anyone else received such an honor following acquisition of US citizenship?

Let's see. Got citizenship on February 16th. Then, I got the signed photo from the Prez, now this. What next? I hope GW doesn't drop in for some iced tea. He'll be disappointed. We only do hot tea in my household

NC Penguin
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:25 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yet Another US Citizenship Honor for Me!

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I get home this evening and I find a big Tyvek envelope sitting on my doorstep. I see that it's from Senator Richard Burr. I'm puzzled. I haven't even registered to vote yet.

Inside the envelope is a box. On the front of the box is printed "Valley Forge", "Made in the USA". I'm still none the wiser so I open the box. Inside is a huge cotton US flag. It's too big for my flagpole (hello AWP!). Still confused.

There's a lettersize envelope with the box. Inside the box is a certificate that reads:

"This is to certify that the accompanying flag was flown over the United States Capitol on April 3, 2006, at the request of the Honorable Richard Burr, United States Senator.

This flag was flown for <<insert my name here>> in celebration of becoming a United States citizen".

Aha. Now I get it. Pity I wasn't told in advance of the honor. I could've got someone to photograph the flag fluttering over the Capitol on the celebratory day. Oh well. It's the thought that counts.

Let's see. Got citizenship on February 16th. Then, I got the signed photo from the Prez, now this. What next? I hope GW doesn't drop in for some iced tea. He'll be disappointed. We only do hot tea in my household

NC Penguin
I used to love his TV show when he was in the wheelchair and Perry Mason
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:30 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
You're showing your age. I have no idea what you're going on about. Was the show even broadcast in color?

NC Penguin
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:34 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

You're showing your age. I have no idea what you're going on about. Was the show even broadcast in color?

NC Penguin
They have color TV now?!?! Maybe you could put a picture of yourself up holding the certificate?
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:34 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

NC Penguin

"People like you and I, though mortal of course like everyone else, do not grow old no matter how long we live...[We] never cease to stand like curious children before the great mystery into which we were born." (A. Einstein)

PS: What DOES one do with a signed photo of GWB?
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Elvira
"People like you and I, though mortal of course like everyone else, do not grow old no matter how long we live...[We] never cease to stand like curious children before the great mystery into which we were born." (A. Einstein)

Do they have an English pub with a dartboard near you?

PS I'm only 41, new photo posted in the photopost today Hint hint NC
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:39 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Originally Posted by Elvira

Well his thought was profound but he still shuffled the mortal coil, didn't he?

I ask myself the same question. I'm sure my rats wouldn't even chew up the photo...

NC Penguin
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

NC Penguin
No wonder so many people are warm and fuzzy about being US citizens - you guys really seem to be welcomed with open arms.

In Oz you can get a free native tree
In Britain I got.......my cit cert in a brown envelope which also included all of my application documents. Not even a welcome to Britain.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 12:45 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
No wonder so many people are warm and fuzzy about being US citizens - you guys really seem to be welcomed with open arms.

In Oz you can get a free native tree
In Britain I got.......my cit cert in a brown envelope which also included all of my application documents. Not even a welcome to Britain.
Ah, but between the time I first arrived in the US to the time I gained citizenship, I probably spent in excess of several thousand Dollars for application fees, gas, photocopying, postage (included recorded delivery and other premium services).

NC Penguin
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Raymond "cough cough"..not Richard.

One keeps ones photo of GWB, of which I have 2 sent to me as a Republican Voter. I DO live in FL but what the heck??!

Call me cynical but I see ONE explanation. VOTES, VOTES and nothing but votes
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Wasn't that Raymond Burr?
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

murphy54 is an unknown quantity at this point

you have all the reasons to be a proud AMERICAN ..heil BUSH
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Wasn't that Raymond Burr?
Yes, it was a joke.......... unless dead actors are Senators nowadays
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

NC Penguin
Time Share offers.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:27 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

All I have to say is, I've been a US citizen my entire life and never got this sort of special treatment.

THE UNFAIRNESS OF IT ALL!!!!

~ Jenney

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.