Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Yet another day in court

Yet another day in court

Old Mar 24th 2013, 1:37 am
London Canada to Atlanta

country_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Yet another day in court

On feb 14/2013 we went once again to court.
Government asked for a continuance to allow for vertical prosecution because the attorney working my case was sick.
Judge said heck no, he's adjusted!
Prosecution reserves appeal 30 days.
30 day period ended march 18th.
On Thursday 21st I had an info pass setup and received a temporary green card with the real thing expected to arrive in 2 weeks.

We are done!

Thanks everyone for their well wishes and I wish everyone else who is caught in the immigration courts the best of luck, hang in there, it moves slow and can be frustrating! Mine took 5 years almost to the day but I have friends who are in their 10th year. Just another reminder that no matter how tough things seem, there is always somebody worst off!

No if our new baby would just arrive!!!!

Cheers!
Chris
Old Mar 24th 2013, 1:42 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yet another day in court

Originally Posted by country_canuck
We are done!
WooHoo! Wonderful news!

Ian
Old Mar 24th 2013, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

Congrats! Great that you will be able to enjoy the baby without having to worry about this.

I got curious before and read a few of your older posts. What do you think it was that made "them" torment you so? The fact that you remarried? It seems crazy. Not you, the way you were treated.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 2:27 am
London Canada to Atlanta

country_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond repute

Atlanta immigration courts. A number of US citizens have been deported through these courts. Google it...

Once they got ya they hang onto you as longs they can.

My judge called it a blatant abuse of Power, that my case should have been approved years ago. A horrible and disgusting waste of resources. And other things.

Good for her. She is new.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 4:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, congratulations!!

Rene
Old Mar 24th 2013, 3:53 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, very glad that worry has been lifted from your shoulders.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 6:13 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!

As others have mentioned, Atlanta is the pits when it comes to immigration court. A friend in Miami was pleased when their IJ from Hell was transferred out -- to Atlanta.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 2:40 pm
London Canada to Atlanta

Miami's hellion is Atlanta's preferred.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

KCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant future

Congratulations!

Last edited by Noorah101; Mar 25th 2013 at 10:21 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:13 am
London Canada to Atlanta

Hey thanks everyone! I still don't feel like a "legal resident" though... Went to DDS to renew my GA d/l. Took my i551, my soc sec card, my bank statement and power bill (needed to prove residence) and according to web site this is all that is needed.

Well.... they refused to renew my licence saying that my i551 did not come up as valid. They said they could not validate the number and somebody would investigate it and I would get a letter in 5 days with their decision.

Unbelievable.

So my licence is now expired and I have no idea how / when I will be able to get one!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:28 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.
Welcome to America!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by country_canuck
Well.... they refused to renew my licence saying that my i551 did not come up as valid. They said they could not validate the number and somebody would investigate it and I would get a letter in 5 days with their decision.

Unbelievable.
Not really. I have a friend who was in Removal process until her case was ended by the IJ in court and she got her GC finally (25+ years late!). More than a year later she traveled to her native Germany only to find when she came back, she had to go through secondary screening as the EOIR/USCIS still hadn't got all her details on the CBP system! Her lawyer got in contact with the IJ who ordered them do it ASAP.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:53 pm
London Canada to Atlanta

Wow! I bet her blood pressure shot through the roof in secondary!