Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Yes, Yes, Yes, Got The Green Card

Yes, Yes, Yes, Got The Green Card

Old Oct 29th 2001, 8:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hot Damn! I wish I could have taped the conversation I just had with Jim. Talk about one very happy, excited and relieved man. In today's mail was the coveted green card from the Vermont Service Center that we have been waiting for since August of 2000.

FWIW, the envelope was NOT an plain envelope but one with a return address of 75 Lower ......, St. Alban, Vermont.

Over the phone I checked his A#, birthdate, name, validation and expiration dates and everything is CORRECT.

So Vermont is still running three months for delivery of the card after approval and more importantly, after approval has been sent to the Service Center. Instead of sending it on to them in August of 2000, it sat around the NYC INS office until our Congressperson's liasion intervened. It was finally sent off in July of 2001.

Personally, I wish to thank you all for your steadfast support during the past years. It has been great having a sounding board for my frustrations. I hope that I've been able to provide the same for some of you.

Going to take Jim out for dinner tonight to celebrate his new hologram green card and my having bowled a single game of 246 on Friday night and a high series of 585. Yahoo! I made the board of honor at our lanes and hold high game/high series for our league for the season so far. (It gives Jim something to aim for ... toppling my record.)

Rita and a very happy Jim

(CAN/AM Alumni '98 ... almost at the end of the Yellow Brick Road!)
Old Oct 29th 2001, 8:15 pm
British in Wisconsin

Jememennie is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, that took a long time. Great to hear you finally have it.

~ Jennie

Old Oct 29th 2001, 8:20 pm
Andy Platt

Hurrah!!!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 29th 2001, 9:15 pm
Grinch

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

246...damn that is impressive. almost more than the green card... in fact I'd trade
mine for a 246

Grinch

Old Oct 29th 2001, 10:03 pm
Betastar

>
    >
    >

Wooo Hooo!! =))))) Congrats!

>
    >

No way! I don't believe it. Can't be. Is it April 1?

=)

Betsy

Old Oct 30th 2001, 12:36 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Grinch

Yup I impressed myself with that 246. Opened with two spares, then 7 strikes and opened in the tenth.

The Wilsons are on a roll here ... good bowling score, brand new car (got mine on the 17th and Jim bought his in the spring), got the I-551 stamp in October, and now the green card ... figured to play the 9 mil lottery on Saturday ... now wouldn't that be a kick :-)

Rita
Old Oct 30th 2001, 1:44 am
Just Joined

lvlT is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to both you and Jim!

Old Oct 30th 2001, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Perdue is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Rita! Couldn't have happened to a nicer couple!
Old Oct 30th 2001, 4:26 am
Riri

WOW! I hope I am in the loop too! I am on the 13th month now and I think Jim and I
were the only ones with such a long delay! Will I beat a new record?

Anyway I am very happy for you and Jim!!!

R

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 30th 2001, 4:34 am
Irene Jorgensen

Congrats Reta and Jim. I got mine on Saturday too.

Irene (Irene & Ronn. Toronto/California)

>
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 30th 2001, 6:23 am
Shelley

"May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future" Congrats. Take
Care. Shelley

>
    >
    >

>

Old Oct 30th 2001, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point

>"May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future"

Hey, that's a great quote! Sums up the situation all of us "visa-victims" want to end up with

Old Oct 30th 2001, 5:02 pm
Shelley

It's an old Irish toast - I've been getting "in touch" with my Irish roots! Take
Care. Shelley

[usenetquote2]> >"May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future"[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>

Old Oct 31st 2001, 12:53 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to the both of you, Rita.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Rete
Hot Damn! I wish I could have taped the conversation I just had with Jim. Talk about one very happy, excited and relieved man. In today's mail was the coveted green card from the Vermont Service Center that we have been waiting for since August of 2000.

FWIW, the envelope was NOT an plain envelope but one with a return address of 75 Lower ......, St. Alban, Vermont.

Over the phone I checked his A#, birthdate, name, validation and expiration dates and everything is CORRECT.

So Vermont is still running three months for delivery of the card after approval and more importantly, after approval has been sent to the Service Center. Instead of sending it on to them in August of 2000, it sat around the NYC INS office until our Congressperson's liasion intervened. It was finally sent off in July of 2001.

Personally, I wish to thank you all for your steadfast support during the past years. It has been great having a sounding board for my frustrations. I hope that I've been able to provide the same for some of you.

Going to take Jim out for dinner tonight to celebrate his new hologram green card and my having bowled a single game of 246 on Friday night and a high series of 585. Yahoo! I made the board of honor at our lanes and hold high game/high series for our league for the season so far. (It gives Jim something to aim for ... toppling my record.)

Rita and a very happy Jim

(CAN/AM Alumni '98 ... almost at the end of the Yellow Brick Road!)
Old Nov 2nd 2001, 2:38 pm
M1nn0w

Rita, Not THAT check The check for Deb's Naturalization Application. We mailed it
on 9/10/01 They received it that week and just cashed the check last week. I figure
that means they finally opened the envelope at least. You know you're welcome if
you're in the area.

John/Deb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.