Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

yes, i agree.....

yes, i agree.....

Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:47 pm
bowave

Smile yes, i agree.....

Hi, again, folks!
Thanks first of all to all of you who took the time out to reply to my questions--a very noble gesture in these times of info overload, etc!
Yes, i am inclined towards canada too, as firstly i have spent several thousand £ on the fees and its already taken so long, so why not take it up now that its being offered.
Secondly, there is the attraction of a safety net of kinds in the canadian system, if something does go pear-shaped. As far as i am aware, in the US, if you are down, then you're on your own, mate! Although the material rewards would be higher and quicker in the US (let's face it, everyone and his auntie want to go to the USA!), there is the question of standard of living and of life in general.
I am very fortunate in the fact that I have a little financial freedom with which I can either open a business in either country, or, as an experienced engineer (and recently retrained occupational therapist!!), go for employment, whichever is best.
Let's put it this way--either way, at least it will get us out of the UK, which has become a supermagnet for all the low-lifes from all parts of the world, with our friendly-neighbourhood Tony Blair and his cronies allowing all and sundry free passage into the country, when the average Englishman who has paid taxes all his life and worked hard, cannot get expect the state to give him a roof over his head in an emergency, nor can he expect the country to pay him his well-deserved pension!! (well, thats my little ranting n raving over and done!!)

Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:17 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for slagging off my country like that.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:22 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

at least it will get us out of the UK, which has become a supermagnet for all the low-lifes from all parts of the world,
I left the UK because I married a US citizen. It was not an easy decision to make and I would move back there in a heartbeat if I could.

Lowlives?? That I resent.

Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:31 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm glad we convinced you about Canada now.
Wouldn't want a lowlife like you joining us here.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:38 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, all those damned immigrants in Britain. Need to kick out all the foreigners, eh?

You'll just have to emigrate so that the Canadians or Americans can say the same of you.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: yes, i agree.....

Originally posted by bowave
Hi, again, folks!
Thanks first of all to all of you who took the time out to reply to my questions--a very noble gesture in these times of info overload, etc!
Yes, i am inclined towards canada too, as firstly i have spent several thousand £ on the fees and its already taken so long, so why not take it up now that its being offered.
Secondly, there is the attraction of a safety net of kinds in the canadian system, if something does go pear-shaped. As far as i am aware, in the US, if you are down, then you're on your own, mate! Although the material rewards would be higher and quicker in the US (let's face it, everyone and his auntie want to go to the USA!), there is the question of standard of living and of life in general.
I am very fortunate in the fact that I have a little financial freedom with which I can either open a business in either country, or, as an experienced engineer (and recently retrained occupational therapist!!), go for employment, whichever is best.
Let's put it this way--either way, at least it will get us out of the UK, which has become a supermagnet for all the low-lifes from all parts of the world, with our friendly-neighbourhood Tony Blair and his cronies allowing all and sundry free passage into the country, when the average Englishman who has paid taxes all his life and worked hard, cannot get expect the state to give him a roof over his head in an emergency, nor can he expect the country to pay him his well-deserved pension!! (well, thats my little ranting n raving over and done!!)

As with RinceWind, leaving England was the hardest decision I have had to make in my life (yet).

Enjoy life in Canada, Immigrant!