Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Yes, another "dog in the UK" question!

Yes, another "dog in the UK" question!

Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:54 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yes, another "dog in the UK" question!

I didn't know if you had to get a license for a dog in the UK now. If I remember correctly, you used to have to get one, but I don't know what the deal is now. I'll be bringing mine back with me, and I want to make sure she doesn't get taken from me for something I could have taken care of in advance. She has a current license now, but that's in the US and I think it's only to show that she's had her rabies shot. Any suggestions/advice?
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yes, another "dog in the UK" question!

Hi there

No, there's no current license requirement for dogs.

What breed is it you are bringing with you (some are not allowed), and has he had the current jabs and tests required for the pet passport (if not he will have to undergo 6 months quarantine)

Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:03 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mally Lass
Hi there

No, there's no current license requirement for dogs.

What breed is it you are bringing with you (some are not allowed), and has he had the current jabs and tests required for the pet passport (if not he will have to undergo 6 months quarantine)

Thanks for the clarification.

She's a Miniature Pinscher, and there are no restrictions for this breed for the airline or the UK banned list. By the time we fly, she'll be about one year old. I have to take her for her rabies titre test this Saturday. There's a whole long story about it, but she'll be going over on the PETS scheme. She's been vaccinated and chipped already.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, so no Quarantine, lucky little girl