British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Yeeoooo (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/yeeoooo-317212/)

Stub3rt Jul 31st 2005 4:10 pm

Yeeoooo

Hi

Ive been reading thgis site for a while now and find it pretty helpfull as the embassy and otehr visa sites are so hard 2 get lost in (or am i just dumb) anyway i have just decided 2 register as i have some questions.

Ive been traveling 2 the usa for 3 years on the visa waiver program staying for the full 90 days tehn returning back 2 the uk for 6 weeks ( i think u have 2 return for 6 weeks b4 u can go back again ?) I have been giving the dreaded folder and told to go wait in a room at passport control 3 or 4 times but always got let in.Im looking to go back again in 2 weeks because i have now been home for 6 weeks and i wanted 2 know if u can get married on a visa waiver program, i looked into fiance visa's but they said they are processing applicants from april at the moment.If i can get married on a visa waiver then when i apply for a green card can i stay in teh country for longer than 90 days if im married until they review me.and would it matter that i havnt paied any taxes in england for teh last 4 years and have no money in teh bank ? Also if i didnt get let in because they say i been travelling there 2 much could i apply for a fiance visa and be cool returning on that visa after being kicked out ?Sorry if this is 2 many questions or the answers are in other threads i tried 2 search but didnt really find the answers and i just cant stay away from american gurls RAAARRRRR :D and i cant spell fiance

cheers

BritGuyTN Jul 31st 2005 4:20 pm

Re: Yeeoooo

Originally Posted by Stub3rt
Hi

Ive been reading thgis site for a while now and find it pretty helpfull as the embassy and otehr visa sites are so hard 2 get lost in (or am i just dumb) anyway i have just decided 2 register as i have some questions.

Ive been traveling 2 the usa for 3 years on the visa waiver program staying for the full 90 days tehn returning back 2 the uk for 6 weeks ( i think u have 2 return for 6 weeks b4 u can go back again ?) I have been giving the dreaded folder and told to go wait in a room at passport control 3 or 4 times but always got let in.Im looking to go back again in 2 weeks because i have now been home for 6 weeks and i wanted 2 know if u can get married on a visa waiver program, i looked into fiance visa's but they said they are processing applicants from april at the moment.If i can get married on a visa waiver then when i apply for a green card can i stay in teh country for longer than 90 days if im married until they review me.and would it matter that i havnt paied any taxes in england for teh last 4 years and have no money in teh bank ? Also if i didnt get let in because they say i been travelling there 2 much could i apply for a fiance visa and be cool returning on that visa after being kicked out ?Sorry if this is 2 many questions or the answers are in other threads i tried 2 search but didnt really find the answers and i just cant stay away from american gurls RAAARRRRR :D and i cant spell fiance

Using visa waiver with the intent to marry is illegal unfortunately although it can be done if you can prove that it was a spur of the moment thing.

I'm actually quite suprised that you have not been denied entry based on your travel history.

There are several aspects to a green card app - for one, it costs not far off $1000 to go through the entire process.

Sorry to be nosey - how have you not paid taxes in the UK and still been able to travel to the US so much? to answer your question I would say that to US immigration this would not be an issue.

P.S. although I am not the spelling/grammar police, I would say fiancee is not the only word you are having probs with - either that or your keyboard needs replacing.

Stub3rt Jul 31st 2005 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Using visa waiver with the intent to marry is illegal unfortunately although it can be done if you can prove that it was a spur of the moment thing.

I'm actually quite suprised that you have not been denied entry based on your travel history.

There are several aspects to a green card app - for one, it costs not far off $1000 to go through the entire process.

Sorry to be nosey - how have you not paid taxes in the UK and still been able to travel to the US so much? to answer your question I would say that to US immigration this would not be an issue.

P.S. although I am not the spelling/grammar police, I would say fiancee is not the only word you are having probs with - either that or your keyboard needs replacing.

I think i haven't been kicked out because everytime i say im visiting my girlfriend which is true and i always have a return ticket that says im only staying for 2 weeks then i call teh airline once im in and change the return date.

I havent paied taxes because im a dj and i get paied in cash most of the time.

my keyboard is fine its the size of my brain thats the problem i think.

peace

Ray Jul 31st 2005 5:46 pm

I think i haven't been kicked out because everytime i say im visiting my girlfriend which is true and i always have a return ticket that says im only staying for 2 weeks then i call teh airline once im in and change the return date.I havent paied taxes because im a dj and i get paied in cash most of the time.my keyboard is fine its the size of my brain thats the problem i think.peace

I am staggered that you got away with it so many times ..you are well overdue for a denied entry.. they know exacty how long you stayed every time ..
The normal acceptance for a VW is 90 days 90 days out ... no 6 weeks comes into it ...
Nothing to stop your US partner applying for a K-1 today ..
Hope she has enough income to sponsor you ...

Stub3rt Jul 31st 2005 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
I am staggered that you got away with it so many times ..you are well overdue for a denied entry.. they know exacty how long you stayed every time ..
The normal acceptance for a VW is 90 days 90 days out ... no 6 weeks comes into it ...
Nothing to stop your US partner applying for a K-1 today ..
Hope she has enough income to sponsor you ...

I think they the POE guy cant see how many times ive been there or stayed theer for because ive lied 2 them many times , i think its only if u have to have a 2nd insepction done is when they look into that.What is there problem anyway im not doing anything illegal or working there or anything as long as i have a return ticket and money on me should be cool no ?
What if i did get denied entry then applied for a K-1 would i be allowed back there on that visa with no problems or what if she married me in the uk would i be allowed back to the usa with her when she returns and under what kind of visa?

sorry if these have been asked b4

thanks

Ray Jul 31st 2005 7:05 pm

I think they the POE guy cant see how many times ive been there or stayed theer for because ive lied 2 them many times , i think its only if u have to have a 2nd insepction done is when they look into that.What is there problem anyway im not doing anything illegal or working there or anything as long as i have a return ticket and money on me should be cool

Your being foolish now admitting to lying to the POE is a big no no ..
your I-94 tells them when you left... no further comment from me ...

try www.visajourney.com

Jan Alaska Jul 31st 2005 7:38 pm

ummm are you a troll ?