Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Yeaahhh! NIW approved!

Yeaahhh! NIW approved!

Old Jul 20th 2004, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yeaahhh! NIW approved!

1 Year of waiting for my NIW to be approved.
It finally came through today!!!!!
So, now (finally) all the family can start to "Exist" with SS cards and EAD's.
Mind you, the "bad" news is that it could be 2 years before I actually get the "green" card itself.

Think it might be appropriate to have a bevy or so tonight in celebration!

Andy.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 1:20 am
Brit'n'TX

Default Re: Yeaahhh! NIW approved!

Originally posted by AndySmithers
1 Year of waiting for my NIW to be approved.
It finally came through today!!!!!
So, now (finally) all the family can start to "Exist" with SS cards and EAD's.
Mind you, the "bad" news is that it could be 2 years before I actually get the "green" card itself.

Think it might be appropriate to have a bevy or so tonight in celebration!

Andy.
just read your post ... congratulations!

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yeaahhh! NIW approved!

Originally posted by Brit'n'TX
just read your post ... congratulations!
Thanks Barry!
Actually you or someone else may have the answer to a question I can't find one for....

I'm planning (despite my comment of a 2 year wait for AOS) to file my visa application with the US consulate in London - that way means a trip for the tribe to england on 2 weeks notice but does allow us to short circuit the 2 year wait by around 18 months.

But my question is simple:

When we (hopefully) get the visa acceptance from London (while staying with relatives in the UK for a couple of days), we will fly back to Dallas and present ourselves to the immigration officer for.....what? What does he actually do?
And, presumably we then have to actually apply to get the actual honest-to-god green card. How long does it take from entering as LPR to getting the cards in our grubby paws??

This may seem a strange thing to be worrying about but, due to the specific requirements of my job regarding getting access to sensitive military or government documents I actually need the physical green card in my hands to take advantage of all this work...

Just wondering.....