Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Yay I'm here at last! Immigration let me in!

Yay I'm here at last! Immigration let me in!

Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:09 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yay I'm here at last! Immigration let me in!

Glad you made it over safely Andie, I look forward to meeting you soon!

I just popped on to check my messages & saw this thread. Our next meet up is scheduled for Saturday, September 23rd at about 8pm. Does anyone know where they want to meet up? Should we go back to the George & Dragon or try somewhere else? Any ideas are much appreciated.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 1:25 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Congrats. Contrary to popular myth the POE officers arent all complete bastards. Infact we've never had any issues with them.
Apart from the ones at JFK....:scared:
Old Sep 14th 2006, 3:15 pm
redneck scouser

andie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elaineKB
K for that well funny !! Shouldnt you be doing other things rather than speaking to us boring lot seeing as you have been apart for a while !
doh cant need to spread !
he was in work yesterday, so i had the day to myself to recover from the jetlag. we're off to Colorado Springs today to see his dad and grandmother, then over to Vail to see his sister and her fiance, so i'll be with him 24/7 for the next 5 days!

I'll catch up with you all soon, and thanks for the good wishes ~ Andie
Old Sep 14th 2006, 3:20 pm
redneck scouser

andie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit
Welcome to Phoenix, enjoy the weather for me...tad cooler up here.

Glad everything went good at Imigration, my Mum actually says Sky Harbour airport people are the friendliest she's come across in her travels, she had horrible experiences in Philly...poor luv. And now I'm going to have to have her deal with Logan...oh no :scared:

Anyhoo, enjoy your time with hubs, and I hope you enjoy your time at the next meet up, don't forget to drink to absent friends (that would be me )
Philly is the worst ever! I waited in the immigration line for two hours on my first visit to the States, and then I was grilled by the most awful officer, he was just horrible, and he asked me questions for about 20 minutes. Then I had to run like mad to get my bags, re-check them and I just made my flight with 2 minutes to go. Got to PHX and no bags, and I never saw them again until 3 weeks after I got home......that was one of my bad experiences.

But everything ran really smoothly this time, i flew direct from Heathrow, YAY good old British Airways!!

Oh and I'll have a few drinks for ya, sorry I got here a month too late
Old Sep 14th 2006, 3:23 pm
redneck scouser

Originally Posted by Partystar

I just popped on to check my messages & saw this thread. Our next meet up is scheduled for Saturday, September 23rd at about 8pm. Does anyone know where they want to meet up? Should we go back to the George & Dragon or try somewhere else? Any ideas are much appreciated.
Hiya mate! howsit going back in the good ol UK? when I left the weather was gorgeous!

Sat 23rd sounds good to me, but I think I'll leave it to the experts to sort out the venue

Can't wait to meet you all finally! I'll catch up with you when I'm back from CO next week.

Take care kiddas! A
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:29 pm
sun lover

sambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=andie&jase]I'm here, well just for 3 weeks for now, but they let me in! woo-hoo.

Welcome back Andie, wondered what had happened to you.

Glad everything went well at the airport.

Must admit I can't fault BA for longhaul flights, all they need to do now is make them cheaper and we'll be set.

Enjoy your hols here, and everything else that goes with it and maybe see ya at the meet up, thats if anyone can decide where to go.

Come on Partystar pull your finger out.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!

Old Sep 14th 2006, 6:51 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar

Theres a good place and English run in Chandler but that may be far out for all G & D isn't bad.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 6:51 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
you must be the only one...I don't know anyone that likes that airport *lol*
I use Logan a lot...I must know nearly everyone there now....a lot of the guys like to talk about tattoos to me...they really like my Native American ones...so maybe that breaks the ice....
Old Sep 14th 2006, 7:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
I use Logan a lot...I must know nearly everyone there now....a lot of the guys like to talk about tattoos to me...they really like my Native American ones...so maybe that breaks the ice....
maybe...but my sister goes through there a lot and she and most of the crew don't like it, and the missus, her extended family travel a lot and they all try and avoid it, even if it means going to new hampshire and flying out of manchester *l*...that and parking is a mare.