Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Yay I'm here at last! Immigration let me in!

Yay I'm here at last! Immigration let me in!

Old Sep 13th 2006, 10:29 pm
redneck scouser

andie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yay I'm here at last! Immigration let me in!

I'm here, well just for 3 weeks for now, but they let me in! woo-hoo.

I finally landed in Phoenix airport last night, and was really really tired after my 11 hour flight. Then it suddently hit me as I was walking down that long corridor towards the immigration desks, I could actually be taking an 11 hour flight straight back home again!

I thought I was well prepared for the huge interrogation that I usually experience, and I expected this time to be worse as I'm actually married to a yank. But it wasn't until I was actually standing in line and saw the very stern looking officer behind his big desk, that I actually started crapping myself! It was at that point that what was left of the colour in my face just drained away very rapidly. I stood there thinking of all the horror stories that I've heard of pending K3's and getting refused entry to the US, but also trying to look calm and not shake......it was the worst feeling ever!

Anyway, I got to the desk and he said "hello, how are you today?". He seemed really nice, then proceeded to ask me why I had come to the US today, and I told him I was here to see my husband, and he looked up from his papers and said "oh, and why is your husband here" to which I replied "he's American, he lives and works here". He then said, "oh I see, and how are you finding that, are you planning to move here?", "it's very difficult living so far away, but I am intending to move over here"

I was expecting a lot more questions, but he just asked for my return flight details, stamped my passport and attached the visa waiver, and said have a nice stay! Panic over!!

So time to paaaaartay, when's the next meet-up?
Old Sep 13th 2006, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Yay I'm here at last! Immigration let me in!

Congrats. Contrary to popular myth the POE officers arent all complete bastards. Infact we've never had any issues with them.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Thats good then, by the way was he a nice looking one, seemed to always work well for me just stayed away from the women.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 10:54 pm
redneck scouser

andie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Congrats. Contrary to popular myth the POE officers arent all complete bastards. Infact we've never had any issues with them.
Thanks

oh i've had some nasty ones in the past, but also some really nice ones. i'm just glad it's over and done with for the last time, cos next time I'll be here for good....hopefully
Old Sep 13th 2006, 10:57 pm
redneck scouser

Originally Posted by britvic
Thats good then, by the way was he a nice looking one, seemed to always work well for me just stayed away from the women.
hahaha he wasn't my type, but he was around my age and i fluttered my eyelashes at him a bit and he seemed to like me. i also commented on the way he said my name which i find really cute over here. they pronounce it Aundreya, back home it's just boring old Andrea, so I asked him if he would say my name again and he did, it put a smile on both our faces....hubby found that one amusing hehehe
Old Sep 13th 2006, 11:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andie&jase
hahaha he wasn't my type, but he was around my age and i fluttered my eyelashes at him a bit and he seemed to like me. i also commented on the way he said my name which i find really cute over here. they pronounce it Aundreya, back home it's just boring old Andrea, so I asked him if he would say my name again and he did, it put a smile on both our faces....hubby found that one amusing hehehe
Bit of flirting opens all sorts of doors good luck to ya.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 11:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck.

I've never had a problem with immigration officials either.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 11:30 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

mine never even asked us any extra questions!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 1:52 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
not flown into Logon airport then? there all a bunch of loons, it's worth flying into montreal and driving down instead of having to deal with that airport

Anyway, to the OP, nice one
Old Sep 14th 2006, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

elaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond repute

K for that well funny !! Shouldnt you be doing other things rather than speaking to us boring lot seeing as you have been apart for a while !
doh cant need to spread !

Last edited by elaineKB; Sep 14th 2006 at 2:21 am. Reason: K
Old Sep 14th 2006, 2:28 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
not flown into Logon airport then? there all a bunch of loons, it's worth flying into montreal and driving down instead of having to deal with that airport

Anyway, to the OP, nice one
I've always found everyone really nice at Logon...when I first moved here the guy at Immigtation said "Let me be the first to welcome you too the USA...and thank you for making it your future home."
Old Sep 14th 2006, 2:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
I've always found everyone really nice at Logon...when I first moved here the guy at Immigtation said "Let me be the first to welcome you too the USA...and thank you for making it your future home."
you must be the only one...I don't know anyone that likes that airport *lol*
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:33 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

I finally landed in Phoenix airport last night, and was really really tired after my 11 hour flight. Then it suddently hit me as I was walking down that long corridor towards the immigration desks, I could actually be taking an 11 hour flight straight back home again!

I thought I was well prepared for the huge interrogation that I usually experience, and I expected this time to be worse as I'm actually married to a yank. But it wasn't until I was actually standing in line and saw the very stern looking officer behind his big desk, that I actually started crapping myself! It was at that point that what was left of the colour in my face just drained away very rapidly. I stood there thinking of all the horror stories that I've heard of pending K3's and getting refused entry to the US, but also trying to look calm and not shake......it was the worst feeling ever!

Anyway, I got to the desk and he said "hello, how are you today?". He seemed really nice, then proceeded to ask me why I had come to the US today, and I told him I was here to see my husband, and he looked up from his papers and said "oh, and why is your husband here" to which I replied "he's American, he lives and works here". He then said, "oh I see, and how are you finding that, are you planning to move here?", "it's very difficult living so far away, but I am intending to move over here"

I was expecting a lot more questions, but he just asked for my return flight details, stamped my passport and attached the visa waiver, and said have a nice stay! Panic over!!

I'll have our secretary call you when she gets back to work.....Partystar....
Old Sep 14th 2006, 10:32 am
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

congrats, very good news, hope you enjoy!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Phoenix, enjoy the weather for me...tad cooler up here.

Glad everything went good at Imigration, my Mum actually says Sky Harbour airport people are the friendliest she's come across in her travels, she had horrible experiences in Philly...poor luv. And now I'm going to have to have her deal with Logan...oh no :scared:

Anyhoo, enjoy your time with hubs, and I hope you enjoy your time at the next meet up, don't forget to drink to absent friends (that would be me )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.