Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Xmas at the Yosser house hold.

Xmas at the Yosser house hold.

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:27 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Xmas at the Yosser house hold.

Well the lights are up outside, and its on par with the grisswalds (Done the day before my back went out), Mrs Yosser has done a splendid job with the tree and the kids stockings are hanging on the fire place.

Its the first time that I've had a proper fire place, my parents house had a gas fire (the kind that sorta bolted on the wall, not an actual fire place) and wall radiators so I could never work out exactly how Santa got down the chimmney?

Anyways, what should I go for?
1. A proper log fire
2. Vented gas fire log
3. Non-vented gas fire log

Another thing, we used to leave a pint of beer and some carrots out when I was a tackler, but my wife insists on a glass of milk and cookies....so this year Father Christmas will have the choice Beer or milk..Mmmmmm I wonder which one will be drunk and the other poured down the sink
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:31 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Xmas at the Yosser house hold.

Originally posted by Yosser
Well the lights are up outside, and its on par with the grisswalds (Done the day before my back went out), Mrs Yosser has done a splendid job with the tree and the kids stockings are hanging on the fire place.

Its the first time that I've had a proper fire place, my parents house had a gas fire (the kind that sorta bolted on the wall, not an actual fire place) and wall radiators so I could never work out exactly how Santa got down the chimmney?

1. A proper log fire
2. Vented gas fire log

Another thing, we used to leave a pint of beer and some carrots out when I was a tackler, but my wife insists on a glass of milk and cookies....so this year Father Christmas will have the choice Beer or milk..Mmmmmm I wonder which one will be drunk and the other poured down the sink
A wood burning stove Yossie! I couldn't live without ours now.

It's 75 in the living room and so toasty and cozy too!

My Aunt is coming on Sunday so I'll have some pics to post soon!
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I moved the tree into the house last night, after we finally went to Target to pick up a stand. I made the mistake of asking if we were putting tinsel on it, to which I got a reply from my wife of "We dont do tinsel". So we are having what look like mardi gra beeds instead I asked if that means I have to flash my man boobs every time I walk past it, like the ladies do on Bourbon Street
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:38 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot
I moved the tree into the house last night, after we finally went to Target to pick up a stand. I made the mistake of asking if we were putting tinsel on it, to which I got a reply from my wife of "We dont do tinsel". So we are having what look like mardi gra beeds instead I asked if that means I have to flash my man boobs every time I walk past it, like the ladies do on Bourbon Street
Bejeezus, its the same with my wife, the look on her face when I was at target picking out the tinzel, she almost had a heart attack. we also have the beads, purple and red beaded balls and ribbons......what ever happened to silver and gold balls with green and silver tinzel draped everywhere from the tree, ceilings and door frame, I ask ya!
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:04 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
A wood burning stove Yossie! I couldn't live without ours now.

It's 75 in the living room and so toasty and cozy too!

My Aunt is coming on Sunday so I'll have some pics to post soon!
Sounds like too much work to me. Got a gas flame log fire, just flick a switch and on it comes. Don't get to use it much but it looks good.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:14 pm
Never right in the head!

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
Sounds like too much work to me. Got a gas flame log fire, just flick a switch and on it comes. Don't get to use it much but it looks good.
All I remember is when Brig told us she was outside chopping up fire wood, that alone sounds like too much hard work, but aren't they messy as well?

I've checked out the websites and the non-vented gas logs are expensive but you get to keep the flute closed so more heat actually goes into the room and not up the chimmney. I've only had the heating on twice so far this winter and that was only for 10 minutes before it was toasty. Weather is still weird here, I had the AC on for a short while the other night, it was right warm it was.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:25 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

All I remember is when Brig told us she was outside chopping up fire wood, that alone sounds like too much hard work, but aren't they messy as well?
It's delivered already chopped... I have to acrry it from the wood pile if I run out of the logs Todd stacks by the back door.

I had a spider incident yesterday though... horrible shiny black one on my arm, so I did my special dance and ran in the house screaming!

Only the dog was home and I could swear she rolled her eyes at me too!
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:27 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

I've checked out the websites and the non-vented gas logs are expensive but you get to keep the flute closed so more heat actually goes into the room and not up the chimmney. I've only had the heating on twice so far this winter and that was only for 10 minutes before it was toasty. Weather is still weird here, I had the AC on for a short while the other night, it was right warm it was.
Same here. The house is ******* freezing in the morning (no timer to switch the heating on just before getting up), by the afternoon the low sun comes through the windows and it feels like I'm standing by a furnace.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 6:15 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

<<snip>>

I'm just picturing Father Christmas with his reindeer getting stopped for drink driving! It's not just Father Christmas who's been drinking 'cos the reindeer have red noses too!

NC Penguin
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

1. A proper log fire
2. Vented gas fire log

So, did your weiner finally stop smoldering, Yosser? I'd hate to think you were trying to put up Christmas decorations with one hand, whilst massaging your naughty bits with the other.LOL!!
Old Dec 4th 2003, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Bookworm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
It's delivered already chopped... I have to acrry it from the wood pile if I run out of the logs Todd stacks by the back door.

I had a spider incident yesterday though... horrible shiny black one on my arm, so I did my special dance and ran in the house screaming!

Only the dog was home and I could swear she rolled her eyes at me too!
The important question: was the spider rolling her eyes too or was she cracking up laughing?