Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

XE Trade Timescales

XE Trade Timescales

Old Nov 9th 2011, 5:05 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: XE Trade Timescales

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
xe are also now offering another useful service...from an email from them yesterday....

The newly developed Bids feature allows you to exercise more control over the pricing of your transactions. You can use Bids to specify your preferred exchange rate (desired rate) or your fall back rate (minimum rate). The system will then monitor the market 24/7 for you, filling your order immediately and notifying you if your specified rate becomes available.
Unquote

Very handy...
Yes, this is exactly what I need. I got an email about this and will try to set it up. Since I last posted about this, the pound/dollar has bounced back ... I can't understand it. With the interest rate so low in the UK at the moment and the financial sh*tstorm in Europe, I can't understand why the £ isn't weakening.

I also got a BE-sponsored email about a similar service from Moneycorp - it was from Jordan Tilley who is a BE member. Not sure about what the rates are like from Moneycorp, though.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

CTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to allCTland is a name known to all

Just completed a transfer with Ozforex who I found on here from a recommendation. I was moving an amount to the UK for a property purchase and they offered to do the first two trades at no fee and gave me an exchange rate which was 1 cent more (.75%) than the live spot rate- so I thought that side of things worked well; made the trade Tues night and the money was showing in my UK account Friday morning!
The registering process took a little longer than expected as they wanted to send a hard copy to my home address for confirmation.
Only points of frustration was moving the cash from my Bank of America account in CT to the Ozforex BoA account in NY which we couldn't do on a free transfer as there was no prompt for the trade/account code so had to wire at $25......anything to drum up a fee......and that the pound has fallen over the last few days
Old Dec 15th 2011, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Qube is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm trying to use XE.com and I'm obviously being a bit of an idiot because my transaction is just sat there as "created".

Edit - yes I am just being an idiot, I was a bit confused by their email (understandably given my state of mind at the moment!) and have just added them as a recipient for my payment list. Hopefully should all go through now.

Last edited by Qube; Dec 15th 2011 at 10:59 am.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Leo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really nice

Hey I'm really confused - I've tried doing a test trade with XE and my trade just says 'created'... what do I do now?!?

Thanks!
Leo
Old Dec 16th 2011, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Leo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really niceLeo_Loves is just really nice

Ok, figured it out. I am such an idiot. I'd like to say that I've been super busy and distracted looking for apartments and things (which I have) but there's no excuse. I didn't realise the crucial step in the process where I have to actually send the money to XE for them to then transfer