Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

is XE safe and reliable?

Wikiposts

is XE safe and reliable?

Old Sep 7th 2005, 2:35 pm
sas
Forum Regular

sas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nice
Smile Re: is XE safe and reliable?

I've used them 3 or 4 times to transfer a total of about £20k, every transaction went quickly and smoothly. I've e-mailed them a few times and always got a quick and full answer.

The initial account setup takes a few days (including faxes and phone calls) because of the Anti money laundering regulations, but you only have to go through the process once.

IIRC they work with Custom House which is a massive currency trading company.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:27 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is XE safe and reliable?

Originally Posted by sas
I've used them 3 or 4 times to transfer a total of about £20k, every transaction went quickly and smoothly. I've e-mailed them a few times and always got a quick and full answer.

The initial account setup takes a few days (including faxes and phone calls) because of the Anti money laundering regulations, but you only have to go through the process once.

IIRC they work with Custom House which is a massive currency trading company.
Follow up...............

I forgot my XE login/password so I clicked on the Password Reminder link. You have to fill in various boxes. A couple of hours later my cellphone rang. It was a charming lady from XE. She asked me various questions which prompted me to remember my login - took about 30 seconds.

Setting up the trade took about 2 minutes. I tried refreshing the rate a few times but it was falling slowly so I bit the bullet. The rate was 1.815548

I printed out the instructions for my UK Building society and logged out.

My BS requires an original signature for any remote transactions so I have to UPS them a letter which costs $38 !! The letter will arrive in Bournemouth before noon on Friday and I will be emailing them today to get them to act on it before the weekend.

This has worked fine the last 3 times I have done it - stay tuned.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 5:27 am
sas
Forum Regular

sas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nice
Default Re: is XE safe and reliable?

I use my UK bank's Online Bill payment system to send the money to XE, I have to create a new payee each time to get the XE reference number on the payment. Wait a day until the bank gets the payee setup then initiate the transfer.