Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Xe Problem - Can't sell USD?

Wikiposts

Xe Problem - Can't sell USD?

Old Nov 1st 2008, 2:16 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Xe Problem - Can't sell USD?

I don't know if I am just doing something wrong and I can't realize it, or if something else is a miss.

I've just tried logging in to XE trade to do a USD>GBP transfer, and in my basic trade page I no longer have the option to sell USD. All the other currencies are normally there, but USD is gone.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Their customer support line is closed today so I can't seem to get in touch with anyone to ask why this is so.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 2:40 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Xe Problem - Can't sell USD?

ive bought usd twice this week. BUT its now not in my list to buy either!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

Strange - same thing here.

However, there is talk that the UK base rate will come down this week which will result in a better USD -> GBP exchange rate... So I would wait a few days if you can...
Old Nov 1st 2008, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a look at my account to see if it's the same - yep - same here, USD is missing. I wonder if it's got anything to do with "Weekend Trading Restriction" - I saw a note on the front page, it basically reads;

"XEtrade can be used 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, please be advised that due to reduced trading in the currency markets on weekends, there may be restrictions on trading limits from Friday 9:00 pm GMT to Sunday 10:00 pm GMT. During this time, you may receive an error message stating you cannot trade a requested amount, even if it is within your trade limit. If this occurs, please try a smaller amount or book your trade after the weekend".

I'd be interested to hear what they tell you on Monday - never come across this before.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 8:17 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

the weekend notice is always up - but ive been able to look at trades with usd at a weekend before. It looks to me like they have added another currency to the list - danish krona - maybe its knocked usd off the list by mistake (ie program only set up to show 10 and usd is 11th or something like that)
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

Its back...

Looks like they have added a LOT of new currencies... Dont remember the last being that long before...
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 4:56 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dh010447
Its back...

Looks like they have added a LOT of new currencies... Dont remember the last being that long before...
Excellent, thanks for letting us know.

I see it now, but if what you say is right I may wait until the end of the week and see what happens to the base rate.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Knight
Excellent, thanks for letting us know.

I see it now, but if what you say is right I may wait until the end of the week and see what happens to the base rate.
Please don't blame me if this inst the case...

"And with both the European Central Bank and the Bank of England expected to cut interest rates next week, the euro and the pound could fall further. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7701638.stm
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:40 am
Twice half his height

Originally Posted by dh010447
Please don't blame me if this inst the case...

"And with both the European Central Bank and the Bank of England expected to cut interest rates next week, the euro and the pound could fall further. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7701638.stm
I won't blame you, heh, but I didn't know the BoE was meeting to discuss it, so it makes sense to wait and see.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

I just did another transfer... Was supposed to put the money in my saving account instead, but the rate is just too good....

$4000 got me 2629.13 GBP. Thats 200 quid more than my last transfer...

He'res hoping for 1USD = 2GBP