Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

XE.com - fees to deposit draft?

XE.com - fees to deposit draft?

Old Jun 17th 2008, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

pat garrett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default XE.com - fees to deposit draft?

This isn't strictly US-related, but I've had some good advice on this board before about XE.com, so I hope someone can advise me on this.

I sent a friend in Holland a draft in Euros issued by XE. His Dutch bank is telling him that he'll be charged 56 Euros to deposit the draft. I called XE and they told me they have no control over what European banks charge to deposit drafts, which might well be the case, although it defeats the purpose of sending drafts. I've never had to pay any fees when depositing XE.com checks to banks in the UK. Why the fees on the continent?
Old Jun 17th 2008, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

rew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud of
Default Re: XE.com - fees to deposit draft?

Disclaimer: I have no idea...

Could it be that while the draft is denominated in euros, it is not drawn on a Dutch bank, so if deposited would have to be sent to another country as part of the clearing process?
Old Jun 17th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: XE.com - fees to deposit draft?

Get your friend to double check with a more senior member of staff as this does not sound right to me.