X-Ray?

Old Feb 5th 2003, 5:07 pm
darrenb

Default X-Ray?

Anyone know what the deal the X-Ray is and why we have to present it at POE? IS this like the new answer to fingerprinting??? Just curious....

Old Feb 5th 2003, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Xray is or was for TB. This has been part of emigrating to USA forever. At least last 50 + years. It shows the officers at the POE you don't have TB.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 9th 2003, 6:15 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: X-Ray?

Originally posted by darrenb
Anyone know what the deal the X-Ray is and why we have to present it at POE? IS this like the new answer to fingerprinting??? Just curious....
Don't worry about it. Although you have to take it with in your hand luggage, I've never heard of anyone being asked to produce it at immigration.
Old Feb 23rd 2003, 11:22 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

The medical form is 'filled in' by your doctor that you are clear etc.... I never even saw my X-Rays!
Old Mar 1st 2003, 5:07 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
The medical form is 'filled in' by your doctor that you are clear etc.... I never even saw my X-Rays!
You're out of date Brigie. They give you your X-rays these days and tell you to carry them in your hand luggage when you immigrate.
Old Mar 1st 2003, 3:48 pm

Mine were taken after living here for 6 years... I was pregnant year after year before that!

"What hand luggage?"

Last edited by BrigieDarling; Mar 1st 2003 at 3:54 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2003, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Mid 80's I was given my xrays & Immigration package (Brown Envelope) told to carry them in my hand luggage. On arrival at JFK/NY my port of entry, I was ushered away by INS I gave them my US Embassy Package they took my photo & thumb print. They then mailed me my Green Card, with the photo & thumb print on.
The xrays, I still have them, they never looked at them.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Mar 1st 2003, 3:56 pm

I know why it was different... I didn't go through any of that stuff... I didn't have a package!

When I applied for the Green Card etc. They sent me the forms and I filed from here.
Old Mar 1st 2003, 9:30 pm

Originally posted by frrussre
Mid 80's I was given my xrays & Immigration package (Brown Envelope) told to carry them in my hand luggage. On arrival at JFK/NY my port of entry, I was ushered away by INS I gave them my US Embassy Package they took my photo & thumb print. They then mailed me my Green Card, with the photo & thumb print on.
Reg. Frank R.
I still have my X-rays too, they were never asked for, and the process is exactly the same, or at least it was in November 2001.
Old Mar 2nd 2003, 10:06 pm
Here and Loving it

mark19964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Reg. Frank R.
Good point about x-rays and all, like yourself we're going to US on visas and all. 1 question - where did you get your green card posted to - we know we're going to Orlando but only have a vague idea where we're going to live - what do i do about this !!
Old Mar 2nd 2003, 10:18 pm
darrenb

Didnt you have top give a us address for your visa application? I will be having mine sent to my mother in laws.

D

Old Mar 2nd 2003, 10:24 pm
Here and Loving it

Originally posted by darrenb
Didnt you have top give a us address for your visa application? I will be having mine sent to my mother in laws.

D
Thanx for the reply darren,
thats the problem with address in US, my father in law lives in UK - he's US citizen. We have no family members in US apart from my father in laws cousin in west palm beach FL - could we use he's address !!
Old Mar 3rd 2003, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

When you filled in the paperwork for Greencard, one of the questions "Port of entry" & where you are 1st going to live. From memory they did not asked for a new address on arrival. They send the card or cards to whatever address you gave them. You cannot have a vague address. You need an address, to arrive at. I don't think hotels are acceptable. Then once you move you need fill in INS forms (Available online) to register new address. They are getting very strict.
I assume you have not arrived yet or filled in all your paperwork?
Reg. Frank R.

Last edited by frrussre; Mar 3rd 2003 at 12:30 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2003, 8:07 am
Here and Loving it

When you filled in the paperwork for Greencard, one of the questions "Port of entry" & where you are 1st going to live. From memory they did not asked for a new address on arrival. They send the card or cards to whatever address you gave them. You cannot have a vague address. You need an address, to arrive at. I don't think hotels are acceptable. Then once you move you need fill in INS forms (Available online) to register new address. They are getting very strict.
I assume you have not arrived yet or filled in all your paperwork?
Reg. Frank R.
Thanx for that frank,
No we havent arrived yet, we have our visa interview in 3 weeks.
I know on the I-130 we stated address to be confirmed, as my father in law has only recently got in contact with his cousin in west palm beach. I guess then we'd have to use that as the fowarding address.
Cheers