Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

X-mas office parties?

X-mas office parties?

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 5:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default X-mas office parties?

Fewer managers are planning Christmas parties for their staff this year.

Many find them "long and boring" - not to mention "hard work, disruptive and dull". ..."

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...260411,00.html

Same thing over here or not? Any amusing stories as well?
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice
Default Re: X-mas office parties?

Originally Posted by Bob
Fewer managers are planning Christmas parties for their staff this year.

Many find them "long and boring" - not to mention "hard work, disruptive and dull". ..."

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...260411,00.html

Same thing over here or not? Any amusing stories as well?
My wife's office party is obviously the highlight of the year. It is clearly a rip-roaring event, so much so that it was felt necessary to include in the invitations that "attendance is required."
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CalgaryAMC
My wife's office party is obviously the highlight of the year. It is clearly a rip-roaring event, so much so that it was felt necessary to include in the invitations that "attendance is required."
It's the one time of the year when shy, retiring, lounge lizard wannabees, after a few drinks walk up to a pretty girl and say "I've eye had my you on year all"
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 6:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CalgaryAMC
Wow...that must be fun then
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 7:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
Bob,
You need to get out more and off the computer! LOL!
Are you working yet?
Aye, tell me about it...still looking, shite time of year though ain't it...
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 7:24 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

My employer is pretty cool with the staff party. They hire a lavish 'penthouse' ballroom floor with a panarama view of the NYC skyline. Free bar with unlimited beers and spirits (good stuff too!).

The rest of the perks are irrelevant, only the alcohol counts!