Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

X-Box vs PS2

X-Box vs PS2

Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:05 am
Just Joined

Beery1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: X-Box vs PS2

Having had a PS2 and now enjoying the delights of the Xbox i think it has to go to the Xbox. Unfortunately if money (and time) permitted then i would go for both as there are some great games than are only available for either comsole. hope that this helps a little????
Old Feb 24th 2005, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
PS3 is actually PSP - as in personal
wrong.. PS3 has not yet been publicly anounced but it is MOST DEFINITELY not PSP.

It may be anounced @ e3 this year.. but thats doubtful too.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USBound
wrong.. PS3 has not yet been publicly anounced but it is MOST DEFINITELY not PSP.

It may be anounced @ e3 this year.. but thats doubtful too.
I know - I realized after I had posted - and wondered how long before I was put right!! Sorry!!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

I know - I realized after I had posted - and wondered how long before I was put right!! Sorry!!

apologies for the abruptness... it was a bad day
Old Feb 25th 2005, 4:24 am
Just Joined

VegaLA is an unknown quantity at this point

So..any XBox live owners here get the StreetFighter 2 15th Anniversary game ? It comes with SF3 3rd strike which is great to play online so if anyone wants a match give me a shout and we'll arrange a game.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 10:09 pm
Paul

smeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud of

I have an Xbox, and agree with everyone else, smaller games library, but better graphics and sound. It is basically a small PC, which is why I prefer it to the PS2. If you have broadband you only need a Live account and a headset and you can play online ... the online play is a lot better formatted than the PS2 equivalent.

The games library never bothered me. All the games that I want to play are out for the Xbox too, it's not like I want a games library at home of 100's of games!

My understanding of the drive issues is that was only in early generations ... I've had mine for 18 months + (since I moved to the States, actually) and it's running fine.

I would definitely recommend the Xbox!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I would recommend neither and to wait until the "next gen" XBox 2 or PS3 comes out as some other people have said. Because when they do, you might as well put your existing console in the bin. Its the way of technology.

I personally don't have any console, I think PC is the best thing - more in depth games and and you can be upgrading as needs be, instead of having to get a whole new thing!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 5:37 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

I have never seen a massive difference in the amount of games available for the x-box. I'm not going to buy x-box 2 until it halves in price...probably a year later.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody with an Xbox on live using wireless? Did you use the microsoft kit and what is the range and speed like?
Old Feb 27th 2005, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

VegaLA is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody with an Xbox on live using wireless? Did you use the microsoft kit and what is the range and speed like?
Funny you should just ask that, i've just this minute installed the D-link DGL 3420 receiver. I had the D-link 624 Wi fi router for a few months now and decided it was time to do away with the cable running fdrom one end of the room to the other. Once connected the XBox found the unit and it worked on first try. I'm quite impressed but have yet to actually play it online....