Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

www.healthcare.gov disaster site

www.healthcare.gov disaster site

Old Nov 6th 2013, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

ALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really nice
Default www.healthcare.gov disaster site

Hi Guys,
anybody actually managed to get signed up for healthcare using the disaster that is www.healthcare.gov

Ive been trying for 5 weeks now and still not got it completed although Ive got finally to the final enrollment page and chosen our plan but the option that lets me review and complete my application is greyed out with a padlock symbol sayng locked

So I thought after a week of no change on the website status for my application Ill give them a ring as in America that always works doesnt it Lol.

Anyway the very nice girl on the phone tried to help me but surprise surprise she could not access the website to get to my details. Her answer was to wait until 2am in the morning and give them a ring again as they "might" then be able to access my aplication when nobody is using the site.

Must be the only website in the world that you can only use when nobody is using it

However I must say the peoplw who developed this website must be absolutely brilliant to be able to design something this bad as it must take immense dedication and skill to produce something this bad.

Regards

Alan

Old Nov 6th 2013, 9:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: www.healthcare.gov disaster site

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=810849
Old Nov 6th 2013, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Connect for Health is the Colorado site, this is about the Fed site.

Colorado seems to be working, I have not gone all the way through.

Federal site, well next month?

I do not understand what the telephone operators can do when they have to use the same source.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Lbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, that makes no sense that they'd have you call in so they can go on the site you can't access.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Is the Federal site required only for those residents of states that are not 'cooperating' with the Feds (have not setup their own state exchanges)? Here in CA, we have 'Covered CA'; Boiler refers to 'Connect for Health' in CO.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Is the Federal site required only for those residents of states that are not 'cooperating' with the Feds (have not setup their own state exchanges)? Here in CA, we have 'Covered CA'; Boiler refers to 'Connect for Health' in CO.
36 states total use the federal government exchange (healthcare.gov).

States that have their own exchanges are included in the first image. The second image are the expected percentage of uninsured post ACA. All the states in 2 darkest blue colors (except Nevada) opted out of Medicaid expansion. 17 of the 22 states that opted out will have between 10%-20% uninsured costing those state and local governments about $8 billion per year and private hospitals a similar amount for treating people that could have had Medicaid coverage.
Attached Thumbnails www.healthcare.gov disaster site-enrollment_tracker_800px_1018.jpg   www.healthcare.gov disaster site-db_uninsured_map_lg0726.jpg  

Last edited by Michael; Nov 7th 2013 at 7:54 am.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

ALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really nice

Hi Guys,
so called the customer service line at 0500 Florida time as requested by the last customer service rep I spoke to and surprise surprise was told that the website is down for maintenance and they can not access my application

The whole freaking thing is just a bloody joke

Obama has promised that the website will be fully functional by end of November but taking that with a pinch of salt as the system is useless

The bad thing is that all the contractors would built the site told the health administration that the website was ot ready for the 1st October launch and the government stil went ahead and launched it

Other thing is that a lot of people are getting cancellation notices of their existing medical policies because they do not meet the required minimum standards required by the affordable care act. The result is your existing policy gets cancelled and you can not take out a new policy because the website is freaking useless

Thw whole mess is a complete disgrace. Just waiting to see if my medical insurer will let me keep my existing policy or if it will get cancelled even though Obama promised that existing policy holders would be able to keep their policies.

Obamacare was a great idea but it is rapidly making the USA the laughing stock of the world. Can put a man on the moon in the sixties cant develop a website in the 2st century after spending $600 milion dolars on it

Regards

Alan
Old Nov 7th 2013, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ALBRUZ
Hi Guys,
so called the customer service line at 0500 Florida time as requested by the last customer service rep I spoke to and surprise surprise was told that the website is down for maintenance and they can not access my application

The whole freaking thing is just a bloody joke

Obama has promised that the website will be fully functional by end of November but taking that with a pinch of salt as the system is useless

The bad thing is that all the contractors would built the site told the health administration that the website was ot ready for the 1st October launch and the government stil went ahead and launched it

Other thing is that a lot of people are getting cancellation notices of their existing medical policies because they do not meet the required minimum standards required by the affordable care act. The result is your existing policy gets cancelled and you can not take out a new policy because the website is freaking useless

Thw whole mess is a complete disgrace. Just waiting to see if my medical insurer will let me keep my existing policy or if it will get cancelled even though Obama promised that existing policy holders would be able to keep their policies.

Obamacare was a great idea but it is rapidly making the USA the laughing stock of the world. Can put a man on the moon in the sixties cant develop a website in the 2st century after spending $600 milion dolars on it

Regards

Alan
Apparently the federal government is using contracting companies to do the job and from my experience (I used to work for a company that about 50% of the employees were contractors), the people working in the contracting group weren't very good. Anytime our division used contractors from our company, they came behind their promised schedule and the product was prone to errors.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Ok I finally got through to the customer service phone line whilst the website was still up and running and they can still not help. All I get is the set speech from the so called "navigator" saying they are having technical problems and to try AGAIN later

Ive been trying later for 5 weeks now and the situation is a complete and absolute joke. Anybody out there who has actualy managed to ge signed up.

The official figures for sign up are been published next week and already the heath department are calling them "very low " which is obviously means that they must be probably in single figures if my experience with this piece of crap is anything to go by.

Im going to leave it for a week and try yet again

Regards

Alan
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:40 am
Account Closed

There was a lady in Delaware who signed up.

There was a bit in the Denver Post yesterday that so far 250,000 cancellation notices had been sent out.

From the States that have their own sites and expanded Medicaid it seems that most people who have signed up, signed up for Medicaid. Which makes sense.

Obviously the site could be made to operate, the obvious place to look for help would be from those States that succeeded, Kentucky for example.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
There was a lady in Delaware who signed up.

There was a bit in the Denver Post yesterday that so far 250,000 cancellation notices had been sent out.

From the States that have their own sites and expanded Medicaid it seems that most people who have signed up, signed up for Medicaid. Which makes sense.

Obviously the site could be made to operate, the obvious place to look for help would be from those States that succeeded, Kentucky for example.
Regarding the cancellation notices, it appears that the insurance companies are lying, cheating, profiteering cnuts. What a surprise!

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/11...bamacare-scam/
Old Nov 7th 2013, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

This...
Attached Thumbnails www.healthcare.gov disaster site-get-insurance.png   www.healthcare.gov disaster site-untitled.png  
Old Nov 7th 2013, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan Alaska
This...
I think the general plan was to have the majority of fixes done by mid November. Unless you are in a particular hurry I would wait until the end of the month.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

The general plan was to have it working on 1st October.

I am pretty sure that nobody knows when it will be functionally operational.

This year?
Old Nov 7th 2013, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
36 states total use the federal government exchange (healthcare.gov).

States that have their own exchanges are included in the first image. The second image are the expected percentage of uninsured post ACA. All the states in 2 darkest blue colors (except Nevada) opted out of Medicaid expansion. 17 of the 22 states that opted out will have between 10%-20% uninsured costing those state and local governments about $8 billion per year and private hospitals a similar amount for treating people that could have had Medicaid coverage.
What is the link between 'Medicaid expansion' and ACA? My focus on the ACA has been the requirements to provide 'compliant' policies; is the expansion of Medicaid related to the subsidy of such policies for those who cannot afford them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.