Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wrong pile for my I-130

Wrong pile for my I-130

Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Wrong pile for my I-130

For anyone that cares....... My wife wrote to her congressman to ask if they could speed up our I130... he noticed that the USCIS had logged my wife as a US Immigrant and NOT as being an American!!!!

We called the USCIS and pointed this out to them... their answer was.. ooops, give us a month to put you in the correct pile and we should be good....then give us a few more moths to think about processing it..

Gotta love em.... if we were in the correct pile to start with we would be in the US by now!!!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:23 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wrong pile for my I-130

Originally Posted by basementwaj
For anyone that cares....... My wife wrote to her congressman to ask if they could speed up our I130... he noticed that the USCIS had logged my wife as a US Immigrant and NOT as being an American!!!!
Oh, I care....

How long after she'd filed the I-130 did you contact the congressman?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Oh, I care....

How long after she'd filed the I-130 did you contact the congressman?
ahh, thats good to know....
erm, its been a year. The current wait time for US Citizens is 6 months, The wait for US Immigrnts its 18 months.

We called the USCIS 90 days ago to check why it was taking so long... they said to call back in 90 days.
Just before we did we wrote to the congressman and he found the problem..
Gotta love it!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:29 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

erm, its been a year. The current wait time for US Citizens is 6 months, The wait for US Immigrnts its 18 months.

I would've called him at six months and a day. (They won't usually get involved unless you're over the average wait time.)
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

We called the USCIS 90 days ago to check why it was taking so long... they said to call back in 90 days.
Just before we did we wrote to the congressman and he found the problem..
Gotta love it!
When you say USCs is 6 months, do you mean USCs petitioning for their relatvies e.g. spouse, or something different?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
When you say USCs is 6 months, do you mean USCs petitioning for their relatvies e.g. spouse, or something different?

Yeah, according to the USCIS center we are using (california), but its depends where you file, Vermont is a much much more efficient center
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:42 pm
Lapine Member

Yeah, according to the USCIS center we are using (california), but its depends where you file, Vermont is a much much more efficient center
No sh*t. Wish I could move.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

At least that's one thing that reassures me.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:20 pm
Lapine Member

At least that's one thing that reassures me.
Don't tell me Florida is part of the Vermont SC.

CRAP.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

CRAP.
The Texas SC is so snowed under that it rerouted all applications to CA, thats what happened with mine.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

CRAP.
F*** knows!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 8:50 pm
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

F*** knows!
unbelievable what is happening in these service centers my 485 got transferred from Vermont to HArtford and got lost in the black hole for 10 months before turning up in Hartford... contacted congressman and senator did nothing told me to wait a year later finally got plastic.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wow, the USCIS must have pulled their fingers out... they approved my I-130 on Saturday! :scared: :scared:

Geeze, how exciting... i cant wait to get the pack they send so i can join another waiting list for the next part of the application! (anyone know what that is?)

Anyways, very excited about getting closer to becoming A BRITISH EXPAT!
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Congrats.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:15 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, the USCIS must have pulled their fingers out... they approved my I-130 on Saturday! :scared: :scared:

Geeze, how exciting... i cant wait to get the pack they send so i can join another waiting list for the next part of the application! (anyone know what that is?)

Anyways, very excited about getting closer to becoming A BRITISH EXPAT!
Are you going K-3 ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.