Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Would You Go on a Game Show?

Would You Go on a Game Show?

Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:02 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would You Go on a Game Show?

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I'd go on any of them!

Only ever been on one though...the Aussie equivalent of blind date...many moons ago
Superb! How did it go?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Superb! How did it go?

I was "the single"...I chose a bloke who'd just been dumped by his 16 yr old girlfriend for her maths teacher....he'd looked for a new girlfriend for 4 weeks, couldnt find one, so thought "I know, I'll go on Perfect Match and get one there".

Me, on the other hand, I was there for the free TV. Didnt win it tho, but did have a nice weekend away on the Queensland gold coast.

Oh yeah, nearly forgot.....I couldnt see where I was supposed to stand...I came bouncing out the front, looking for my x which was apparantly marked, went passed it so laughed, turned around and went back out the back. The bastards kept filming, and used it as the ad for the whole week!!!! Actually, it was funny.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:55 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I was "the single"...I chose a bloke who'd just been dumped by his 16 yr old girlfriend for her maths teacher....he'd looked for a new girlfriend for 4 weeks, couldnt find one, so thought "I know, I'll go on Perfect Match and get one there".

Me, on the other hand, I was there for the free TV. Didnt win it tho, but did have a nice weekend away on the Queensland gold coast.

Oh yeah, nearly forgot.....I couldnt see where I was supposed to stand...I came bouncing out the front, looking for my x which was apparantly marked, went passed it so laughed, turned around and went back out the back. The bastards kept filming, and used it as the ad for the whole week!!!! Actually, it was funny.
Oh wow, that sounds so funny, I'd loved to have seen that! I bet you have it on tape, don't you?!?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
depends on the presenter....the weird creepy muff faced bloke on the US...errr....yeah, images of a trench coat and kiddies park come to mind...so give that a miss....
You're talking about Howie Mandel Can't beleive you could say that. He is cool, very very cool
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow, that sounds so funny, I'd loved to have seen that! I bet you have it on tape, don't you?!?
That I cannot deny...you already know me well!!
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:12 pm
Back where I belong!

That I cannot deny...you already know me well!!
hahaha, I was on TV once & I have it on video & DVD!
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hahaha, I was on TV once & I have it on video & DVD!
lol....what were you on tele for - do tell all!
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:30 pm
Back where I belong!

lol....what were you on tele for - do tell all!
Derren Brown's Russian Roulette - I've mentioned it on before & no one who the hell I was talking about, so here's a couple of links - http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk/news/roulette & http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3162636.stm
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Derren Brown's Russian Roulette - I've mentioned it on before & no one who the hell I was talking about, so here's a couple of links - http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk/news/roulette & http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3162636.stm

Eek - what did you do on the show?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:40 pm
Back where I belong!

Eek - what did you do on the show?
I was one of the contenders for loading the gun!!! From 12,000 people, I got down to joint 16th! It was one of the most paranoid days of my life, it was great!
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to be Bernie the Bolt ...but it was not to be .,..
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I was one of the contenders for loading the gun!!! From 12,000 people, I got down to joint 16th! It was one of the most paranoid days of my life, it was great!
Bloody hell.....not something I'd want to do, I must admit. How did you firstly become one of the 12K, and secondly all the way down to 16th?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:53 pm
Back where I belong!

Bloody hell.....not something I'd want to do, I must admit. How did you firstly become one of the 12K, and secondly all the way down to 16th?
I didn't think I'd not make it, but I wanted to meet him & have a fun day out in London. Derren did ads on TV for people to go to his website & fill out an application if they were interested. They asked lots of weird questions, he must have liked my answers because I got an email back saying that I'd got through to the final 1000 (out of 12,000), who were asked to make a video containing certain things, like 'A normal day for me consists of...', talking about yourself, dancing etc etc.

I did that, then I got a phone call saying that I'd got down to the last 100 & we were to go to London for a days filming, where Derren would get the numbers down to 5. I went & it was paranoia city baby!!! There were a number of challenges & tests, I got down to joint 16th, there was one round after I left, which I would have got through if I'd have been there, because I figured it out right away when they told me, (I was outside waiting for a friend) I was a bit gutted, but a bloke from our group got through & ended up being the one to load the gun, so that was cool for him!
Old Jul 25th 2006, 3:08 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Wow I love the stuff he does although the Russian roulette stuff was a bit scary. He uses a type of Neuro Linguistic Programming technique that I did a lot of training in a few years ago. I would love to spend time developing the techniques and put people in my power!!
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

You never know how things might turn out...

The year I got married 2oo2 my mum called into the Richard and Judy show game line on the premium call rate... I just rolled my eyes and said you will never get on 2 mins later a person from the show called back and said she had been selected to play... it was one of those games where they fire the questions at you and you get money for each on you answer. Well a week later she got a check for £9000 in the mail... not bad for 30 seconds work.

Ash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.