Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Would You Go on a Game Show?

Would You Go on a Game Show?

Old Jul 20th 2006, 3:56 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Would You Go on a Game Show?

A friend has got me an application to go on Deal or No Deal, I have never seen the show but she reckons we could win a million. All my instinct says Hell No!
Is there any good reason to queue up with a load of wanna be TV stars in the heat this weekend, and do you need any skill for the show?
Old Jul 20th 2006, 3:59 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would You Go on a Game Show?

No way. No how. Not now. Not ever.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 4:29 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
No way. No how. Not now. Not ever.
Thank You Leslie, even when I know the answer its nice to have confirmation!
Old Jul 20th 2006, 5:35 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
A friend has got me an application to go on Deal or No Deal, I have never seen the show but she reckons we could win a million. All my instinct says Hell No!
Is there any good reason to queue up with a load of wanna be TV stars in the heat this weekend, and do you need any skill for the show?
Deal or No Deal is a great show. It's a half hour of choosing cases and then you get some money at the end. All you have to know is how to count from 1-26! Piss easy.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 6:06 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly no skill required for that show. A little common sense coupled with a lack of greed should net you a tidy sum. Do remember to pay the tax man though, unlike that Survivor dude.

But in answer to your question, I'm not the game show type.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 10:48 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go on something like Jeopardy, something that requires some intelligence.. but Greedy or Greedier - I mean Deal or no Deal, not on your life.

I certainly wouldn't want my grasping, money-mad outlaws screeching at me to open case 14. I'd never live it down if I only won $5.00. "Oy, the meshugenah Goy opened box number 4, we told him - told him - to open 16*, why did you marry him? There was that nice dentist..."

* - this would still be the case even if box number 16 only contained $1.00
Old Jul 20th 2006, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Its not something I'd pursue, however, if I really had nothing better to do, and it was just down the street and my friend gave me a ticket, I might just go. If you did get picked out of the audience, which I should imagine is long odds anyway, you could make some decent cash. The objective would be to try and be the most level headed person ever seen on the show, though, I reckon. None of this "Whooo-hoooo!" "Yeah!" "I'm gonna kick your ass, banker!" jumping up and down nonsense that 99% of the contestants seem to be into.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 1:37 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely. I'd pimp myself out to the highest bidder. I need the cash. I'm desperate.

If this were England. I'd be telling you to run for the hills, but who the heck do you care about seeing you on American TV? Its not like your entire family, old school mates and all your ex-boyfriends will see you. Unless they've all emigrated here too.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 1:59 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Absolutely. I'd pimp myself out to the highest bidder. I need the cash. I'm desperate.

If this were England. I'd be telling you to run for the hills, but who the heck do you care about seeing you on American TV? Its not like your entire family, old school mates and all your ex-boyfriends will see you. Unless they've all emigrated here too.
The show requires no skill. A little bit of probability knowledge is useful and like any gambling type arrangement you just have to know when to quit.

The only way you would be seen on the uk is if you were left with two cases, the $0.01 and the $1,000,000 case and picked the penny. That might get you on the uk news.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't go on one, but I'm sure you might have fun in the audience.

A friend of a friend was on Gladiators, and we all went up to support him which was a good laugh; he won the series so it was even better.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the time, why not? You've got nothing to lose. Good luck.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

not really thought about it but guess if it was on my doorstep and i'd nothing else to do then why not.. the chance to win a million bucks...yeah go for it...
Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:45 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Or better yet- you get a call or a letter from Jerry Springer inviting you to be on the show... do you go? Is there EVER any good new that would come out of it? Do you really want to know that your wife/husband/son/daughter is a closet conservative republican cross dressing anal sex with poodles fetishist, or similar?
Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:49 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Or better yet- you get a call or a letter from Jerry Springer inviting you to be on the show... do you go? Is there EVER any good new that would come out of it? Do you really want to know that your wife/husband/son/daughter is a closet conservative republican cross dressing anal sex with poodles fetishist, or similar?
Or that you're not the baby-daddy?
Old Jul 20th 2006, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

carolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Would You Go on a Game Show?

depends what the show is. I have also never seen the show, so don't know what skills or general knowledge you may need. I would'nt mind going on a show, if I could practice the skills first, or update my general knowledge or whatever.

What channel is the show on? If its cable, then we don't have that right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.