Reload this Page >

Would like advice

Would like advice

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

chris.simmons28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Would like advice

Hi all,

I am looking for advice. Me and my family have decided to relocate to Florida and i would like advice on ways others have compelted the process. I am completly new to this as we have only just made the decison to go to america after 6months deliberation.
Any and all advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:06 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would like advice

Originally Posted by chris.simmons28
Hi all,

I am looking for advice. Me and my family have decided to relocate to Florida and i would like advice on ways others have compelted the process. I am completly new to this as we have only just made the decison to go to america after 6months deliberation.

Thanks in advance

Chris
REALLY, READ ME: Want to Live & Work in the US?

Since you have been debating, what method will you use to move over (what visa)?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

chris.simmons28 is an unknown quantity at this point

i am not sure what visa to go for, every website offers that many. My aim is to buy an existing business. I have my own business at the moment which i am in the process of selling.
I will have approx $60,000 to invest in a business
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:10 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Chris
Are you serious? This question gets asked several times every month - try the search function and don't be surprised if you get some weird responses ...
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:13 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

i am not sure what visa to go for, every website offers that many. My aim is to buy an existing business. I have my own business at the moment which i am in the process of selling.
But surely you're not qualified for all of them? People normally only have the choice of one or nothing.

$60K will not be enough to make one of the investor visas (E-2 or E-5).

Can you tell us what sort of research you've already done as part of your deliberating as it will save everyone a lot of time, and maybe you a lot of misery.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:14 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

What were you actually doing for the 6 months of deliberation? You certainly weren't considering anything important about the move. The things to consider are visa, visa and visa.

Your post above BTW opens up a thin possibility, then immediately closes it in the same bloody sentence!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:19 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
But surely you're not qualified for all of them? People normally only have the choice of one or nothing.

$60K will not be enough to make one of the investor visas (E-2 or E-5).

Can you tell us what sort of research you've already done as part of your deliberating as it will save everyone a lot of time, and maybe you a lot of misery.
You are such a nice helpful person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I've just returned from a 2 week trip to Disneyland. I love the USA! I have done next to no research except managing to find this site. I cant be bothered to use a search function or click on the links which you have supplied. Thank you for those bite.
Anyhow. I have 3 shillings and sixpence and would like to invest this in buying a taco stand which should employ some illegal immigrant (no Im not planning to pay over tax , social security or medicare) If you could all give me the benefit of your experience I will listen to not one word and insist I have a way to get there.

Sincerely yours
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by Kate2112
You are such a nice helpful person.
And you're such a naughty girl.
How much are the tacos going for btw?

Congratulations on finally getting your light rail open! (I know it was all your doing )
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:32 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

To the OP - please don't listen to all the negativity of the other posters - it's just typical British whinging. I applaud your sense of entrepreneurship and vision to open your taco stand in Florida. First thing's first, however, and as an experienced businessman you'll appreciate the importance of getting to know your market....

A currently little-known niche but growing trend in Florida is for sprout tacos - they go mad for them down there. Plenty of chilli sauce, cabbagy bits and all the usual gubbins and you're laughing. Put me down for two, and a can of Tizer while you're at it.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:34 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Sorry if folks seem a bit flippant. You have to understand we get a question like this nearly every week and the answer, unfortunately, is that you probably don't have a chance in hell of getting a visa--full stop.

Buying a business, the visa many end up using, is fraught with difficulties, the first of which in your case is money. £60,000 is nothing in the eyes of the immigration folks. Even three times that might not be enough. And once you get that sort of visa, it's got other sorts of problems.

Please read the wiki link (we got asked so much we made a permanent link) and AVOID at all costs websites that 'guarantee' you a visa as they are often SCAM artists who do nothing but file your paperwork knowing full well you will fail and charge you an ridiculous fee for the filing (which is easy enough you can do yourself). Please be careful about those sort of sites.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Check through the wiki and if you see any other options let us know.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:39 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Hi,

Sorry if folks seem a bit flippant. You have to understand we get a question like this nearly every week and the answer, unfortunately, is that you probably don't have a chance in hell of getting a visa--full stop.

Buying a business, the visa many end up using, is fraught with difficulties, the first of which in your case is money. £60,000 is nothing in the eyes of the immigration folks. Even three times that might not be enough. And once you get that sort of visa, it's got other sorts of problems.

Please read the wiki link (we got asked so much we made a permanent link) and AVOID at all costs websites that 'guarantee' you a visa as they are often SCAM artists who do nothing but file your paperwork knowing full well you will fail and charge you an ridiculous fee for the filing (which is easy enough you can do yourself). Please be careful about those sort of sites.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Check through the wiki and if you see any other options let us know.
Hear hear. If it weren't for you and I nobody would get any serious immigration advice round here...
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I will never figure out why anyone would want to live in Florida..... Urgh its hotter then Hades there and too humid to boot!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:18 am

50 degrees is too hot for you, Lisa!

And don't listen to the Sprout Boy, OP. He just wants someone else to cook his stinky orbs!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
50 degrees is too hot for you, Lisa!

And don't listen to the Sprout Boy, OP. He just wants someone else to cook his stinky orbs!
Well its been a pretty cool day here today - high 70's.....actually the official high was 82, supposed to be 81 tomorrow. I can live with that! But Monday its supposed to be 98 degrees! And of course my MIL will be here, along with family that's already here = a full house with no A/C Pray for me....
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tonrob
To the OP - please don't listen to all the negativity of the other posters - it's just typical British whinging. I applaud your sense of entrepreneurship and vision to open your taco stand in Florida. First thing's first, however, and as an experienced businessman you'll appreciate the importance of getting to know your market....

A currently little-known niche but growing trend in Florida is for sprout tacos - they go mad for them down there. Plenty of chilli sauce, cabbagy bits and all the usual gubbins and you're laughing. Put me down for two, and a can of Tizer while you're at it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.