Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wot I lurned on Fox today...

Wot I lurned on Fox today...

Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:05 pm
Franklin

Default Re: Wot I lurned on Fox today...

Originally Posted by snowbunny
How about:

The guy's a dangerous asshole who we did NOT elect and who is the source of much grief even if he didn't do this job. The fact that Bush feels he needs such a cut-throat viper as his advisor speaks volumes ...
Well, you might be right about that!

PS ... hope you had a wonderful birthday ... and congrats on finding love again!

Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:11 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No No No

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN

I just get more annoyed every day with o'reilly. If I get an aneurism I may well file a suit against Fox
Jesus Christ, if you hate the guy so much why do you watch him and contribute to his show's ratings? Yes, he's a dickhead but he's not going anywhere as long as people keep tuning into his show......
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:11 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
Why should Rove be fired? Beyond the media hype, there is no crime here.
Er...

Credibility? Morality? Decency?

Sorry they have nothing to do with your beloved law. IMHO, these factors are a little higher than the law.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:20 pm
Franklin

If you seek naturalization and you are asked the question: "What's the highest law in the land". Suitable correct replies are: The Constitution or "The U.S. Constitution". While "The U.S. Constitution" is merely a correct answer, and perhaps not really a really correct answer, it is nevertheless a correct answer, and it is a "correct answer" and not a "really correct answer" that counts.

Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:25 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

If you seek naturalization and you are asked the question: "What's the highest law in the land". Suitable correct replies are: The Constitution or "The U.S. Constitution". While "The U.S. Constitution" is merely a correct answer, and perhaps not really a really correct answer, it is nevertheless a correct answer, and it is a "correct answer" and not a "really correct answer" that counts.

And your point is?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:27 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Er...

Credibility? Morality? Decency?

Sorry they have nothing to do with your beloved law. IMHO, these factors are a little higher than the law.
Credibility, morality, decency? Where were these when one Kennedy left a certain young woman in a car beneath the water line? Where were these attributes when another Kennedy allegedly had sex with an underage girl? Where were these attributes when Clinton lied on oath and lost his law licence for lying on oath? Just questions.

Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:31 pm
Septicity

Credibility, morality, decency? Where were these when one Kennedy left a certain young woman in a car beneath the water line? Where were these attributes when another Kennedy allegedly had sex with an underage girl? Where were these attributes when Clinton lied on oath and lost his law licence for lying on oath? Just questions.

You're wandering about here, trying to blow smoke.

You say that nobody should resign provided they didn't break the law.

I say bunkum, pure and total!
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:36 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by fatbrit
And your point is?
Reminds me of that "I can't believe it's not butter" gag on the Vicar of Dibley show and the story "They Did It With Mirrors", and it was really was Colonel Mustard in the Library with the lead piping. Just so much media hype.

No substance.

All you can come up with are platitudes to morality, forgetting that not everyone is perfect all the time - just take a look at the Democratic and Republican party ... you will see a half full cup or a half empty cup.

I think you see a half-empty cup when you look at the Republican party and a half-full cup when you look at the Democratic Party. *shrugs*

Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Media hype.
Well in that case someone better tell Rove's lawyer that there is nothing to worry about as the comments he's been coming out with lately have all the hallmarks of organising the grounds for defence.

From the BBC"Newsweek magazine quoted Mr Rove's lawyer, Robert Luskin, as saying he discussed Ms Plame with Cooper in an e-mail without mentioning her name or being aware that she was working covertly. "

From MSNBC "Luskin told NEWSWEEK that Rove "never knowingly disclosed classified information" and that "he did not tell any reporter that Valerie Plame worked for the CIA."

Knowingly being the key word in the sentence for a legal defence, if Luskin can prove Rove didn't out Plame on purpose, Rove is safe, but when asked this question at the White House press briefing on the 6th of October 2003 - "But can you confirm that the President would fire anyone on his staff found to have leaked classified information? " Scott McClellan answered

"I think I made that very clear last week. The topic came up, and I said that if anyone in this administration was responsible for the leaking of classified information, they would no longer work in this administration. This is a very serious matter. The President made it very clear just a short time ago in the East Room, and he has always said that leaking of classified information is a serious matter. And that's why he wants to get to the bottom of this. And the sooner we get to the bottom of it, the better."

Therefore, if Rove was the leak, intentionally or not, according to the White House, he should no longer work for the administration.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:46 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

How long is Robert Hanson in jail for?

I mean in all seriousness, one cannot distinguish between disclosing classified info to the NY Times or the Russians.

it is the same crime.

Hang him I say.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:48 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc

Hang him I say.
And sell tickets.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:48 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
Well in that case someone better tell Rove's lawyer that there is nothing to worry about as the comments he's been coming out with lately have all the hallmarks of organising the grounds for defence.

From the BBC"Newsweek magazine quoted Mr Rove's lawyer, Robert Luskin, as saying he discussed Ms Plame with Cooper in an e-mail without mentioning her name or being aware that she was working covertly. "

From MSNBC "Luskin told NEWSWEEK that Rove "never knowingly disclosed classified information" and that "he did not tell any reporter that Valerie Plame worked for the CIA."

Knowingly being the key word in the sentence for a legal defence, if Luskin can prove Rove didn't out Plame on purpose, Rove is safe, but when asked this question at the White House press briefing on the 6th of October 2003 - "But can you confirm that the President would fire anyone on his staff found to have leaked classified information? " Scott McClellan answered

"I think I made that very clear last week. The topic came up, and I said that if anyone in this administration was responsible for the leaking of classified information, they would no longer work in this administration. This is a very serious matter. The President made it very clear just a short time ago in the East Room, and he has always said that leaking of classified information is a serious matter. And that's why he wants to get to the bottom of this. And the sooner we get to the bottom of it, the better."

Therefore, if Rove was the leak, intentionally or not, according to the White House, he should no longer work for the administration.
At a guess, Rove is listening to his lawyer, hence the crafted replies. Don't get me wrong, if evidence comes forward that Rove knowingly leaked the identify of a covert CIA agent then he should face the consequences. As yet, there is no such evidence, but the way the media and some folks portray it its a slam dunk case against Rove, when in fact Rove isn't even a suspect in the on-going Federal probe. It's going to come down to answers that don't speak to the elements of the prima facie case. The worst thing Rove could do is give flippant answers. In fact, I am sure his lawyer is telling him to say one thing only or say nothing at all. The media will pick up on any perceived inconsistency in whatever Rove says. But the facts are, the standard of proof to convict on such a charge is VERY HIGH. Rove's comments to the journalist don't even come close to passing over that bar.

Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:55 pm
Franklin

How long is Robert Hanson in jail for?

I mean in all seriousness, one cannot distinguish between disclosing classified info to the NY Times or the Russians.

it is the same crime.

Hang him I say.

Well you would say that, after all, you are the Manc (and a forum moderator)!

Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:00 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Well you would say that, after all, you are the Manc (and a forum moderator)!
and probably on some FBI list somewhere..............
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:02 pm
Franklin

and probably on some FBI list somewhere..............
LMAO ... illusions of grandeur Matt? *LOL*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.