Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wot I lurned on Fox today...

Wot I lurned on Fox today...

Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:29 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Wot I lurned on Fox today...

But that was before the London terror attack. Will things change now? Don't count on it. That's because media like the BBC won't stop at spin.
..... don't you just want to tear your hair out?

Coming from what is one of the most agenda-filled media outlets in the world?.. funny ha!ha!
Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:38 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Manc
surely breaching the official secrets act is a felony?
Maybe you think America is a county in England or Wales? So easy to get those dudes mixed up man.

Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:41 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
Can't wait to see what O'Reilly says about it. That press conference yesterday at the white house was just great.

It was almost too much excitement for me to cope with, and then the Democrats got in on it too with Kerry and Clinton suggesting Rove should be fired, his days must be numbered or the press just wouldn't get so brave.

Crooks and Liars has the video footage of both the press conference and Kerry calling for Rove to be fired.

You have to scroll a fair way down the page to find "Press Corp grilling Scotty" for the video link of the press conference, and the Kerry stuff is nearer the top.

Classic stuff.
Why should Rove be fired? Beyond the media hype, there is no crime here.

Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:50 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
Why should Rove be fired? Beyond the media hype, there is no crime here.
regardless of whether or not a crime has been committed, Bush promised to fire anyone in his administration found to be involved with the leak.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
I had to larf last week when they put up a big map of the Underground and tried to explain it to the viewers.
I can see it now....

"So the red one goes over the green one, which then crosses the violet one. The explosions occured on the green one and the orange one."
Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:52 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default No No No

I'm at the airport just about to fly into london (and I will be staying 10 miles from Luton) and I come across this thread

I felt inclined to throw my laptop against the wall after reading the o'reilly commentary.

O'twat:
"We were being so severely criticized around the world because of the war in Vietnam, which is one of the reasons that it ended, because of world opinion"

This bloke is a complete cnut. End of story.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:53 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
Do they have one here? the OSA is a Brit thing. And it is punishble by imprisonment.
http://talkleft.com/new_archives/004859.html

http://nationalreview.com/geraghty/g...0310010843.asp

Apparently he could receive a slap on the wrist, loss of security clearance, or possible prison. You don't think American policymakers would write laws that could get *them* thrown in the hoosegow, do you?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:55 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No No No

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
O'twat:
"We were being so severely criticized around the world because of the war in Vietnam, which is one of the reasons that it ended, because of world opinion"

Actually I think it ended cos Saigon fell and we had our butts handed to us. But then again I might be wrong. Odd that it took so long for world opinion to sink in.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:56 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by snowbunny

Apparently he could receive a slap on the wrist, loss of security clearance, or possible prison. You don't think American policymakers would write laws that could get *them* thrown in the hoosegow, do you?

Well I did wonder.

Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:58 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by elfman
regardless of whether or not a crime has been committed, Bush promised to fire anyone in his administration found to be involved with the leak.
Is Rove the source of the leak? Did Novak who wrote the story speak to Rove? Did Rove actually have knowledge of the identity of a covert CIA agent? If not, how could he be the source of the leak? There is no evidence that Rove knew the identify of a covert CIA agent and then leaked that information. Rove isn't even a suspect in the on-going Federal investigation of the leak. Media hype.

Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:00 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Franklin
Is Rove the source of the leak? Did Novak who wrote the story speak to Rove? Did Rove actually have knowledge of the identity of a covert CIA agent? If not, how could he be the source of the leak? There is no evidence that Rove knew the identify of a covert CIA agent and then leaked that information. Rove isn't even a suspect in the on-going Federal investigation of the leak. Media hype.
Franklin, out of curiosity, have you watched Bush's Brain?

They may not have the goods on Rove to convict, but everyone in the movie states uncategorically that Rove will use any means necessary to humiliate and destroy anyone he considers his enemy. It may not have been him, but the glove certainly fits.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:01 pm
Franklin

Only if he committed a crime. He isn't even a suspect ... and for good reason, he did not knowingly reveal the identity of a covert CIA agent. Absent such proof, there isn't even a prima facie case against Rove and absent a pfc there is no case; no case = no court case; no court case = no conviction; no conviction = zip slap on wrist/no jail time/etc.

Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:03 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No No No

Actually I think it ended cos Saigon fell and we had our butts handed to us. But then again I might be wrong. Odd that it took so long for world opinion to sink in.

Thats what I thought, although defeat is apparently extremely subjective.

maybe Hitler actually lost the war because of world opinion.

I just get more annoyed every day with o'reilly. If I get an aneurism I may well file a suit against Fox
Franklin

Franklin, out of curiosity, have you watched Bush's Brain?

They may not have the goods on Rove to convict, but everyone in the movie states uncategorically that Rove will use any means necessary to humiliate and destroy anyone he considers his enemy. It may not have been him, but the glove certainly fits.
Well, people seem quick to accuse Rove of committing a crime when in fact he isn't even a suspect. And as stated above, there are perfectly good reasons why Rove is not even a suspect in the on-going Federal investigation of the leak.

Lapine Member

How about:

The guy's a dangerous asshole who we did NOT elect and who is the source of much grief even if he didn't do this job. The fact that Bush feels he needs such a cut-throat viper as his advisor speaks volumes.

*Must* Bush fire him? Don't know yet. *Should* he fire him? That much is obvious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.