Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wot I lurned on Fox today...

Wot I lurned on Fox today...

Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:47 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wot I lurned on Fox today...

1/ Leeds is near London.

2/ It only takes two hours to drive from London to Leeds.

3/ The British police were hampered in their investigations because they didn't have the Patriot Act to help them.

4/ One of the problems the Brits are suffering from is that there are no controls and immigrants can wander freely in.

5/ Immigrants can claim welfare right away, even if they are not there legally.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:52 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wot I lurned on Fox today...

Originally Posted by fatbrit
1/ Leeds is near London.

3/ The British police were hampered in their investigations because they didn't have the Patriot Act to help them.

4/ One of the problems the Brits are suffering from is that there are no controls and immigrants can wander freely in.

Also several US media outlets have been referring to Britain's capital city as "Londonistan" in the last couple of days.

Last edited by elfman; Jul 12th 2005 at 4:55 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Well of course Leeds is near London, after all London and England are the same thing.

Strange that the lack of a Patriot act is hindering police. I thought they just arrested a bunch of people in connection with the bombing. How long was it for the first arrest with regards to 9/11?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
1/ Leeds is near London.

There's no hope.

But just to curb terrorism I think we should move Leeds to at least 3 hours away.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:00 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

"4/ One of the problems the Brits are suffering from is that there are no controls and immigrants can wander freely in."

Just like the Mexican border, then!!!! But ours can swim, apparently.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:15 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
But just to curb terrorism I think we should move Leeds to at least 3 hours away.
Sleeping policemen on the M1?

Oh wait, if all the policemen are asleep, no *wonder* there's a terrorist problem.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

ejay1 will become famous soon enough

Anti-American Danger
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
By Bill O'Reilly

How Jane Fonda and the BBC put you in danger: that is the subject of this evening's "Talking Points Memo."

As you may know, I was in Europe last week. And whenever the discussion turned to Iraq, it was not about deposing Saddam's brutal regime, or about allowing millions of Iraqis to vote for the first time in decades, or about the terrorist Zarqawi (search) beheading civilians and blowing up women and children.

No, on the telly, Iraq was all about Abu Ghraib (search) and Guantanamo Bay (search). Thank you, left-wing media.

The anti-Bush press and the people who aid them have greatly succeed in turning the war on terror into a "bash America" fest. You have to hand it to those people. They are effective.

But that was before the London terror attack. Will things change now? Don't count on it. That's because media like the BBC won't stop at spin. While in Ireland, I watched in amazement as a BBC interviewer named Gavin Essler baited an incredibly dim Jane Fonda into putting the worst possible face on her country.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GAVIN ESSLER, BBC: But is it like the Vietnam days in the sense that — is it even worse than the Vietnam days in some ways— because people around the world don't think that the Bush administration is telling the truth about why they went to war and what the consequences of war in Iraq might be?

JANE FONDA, ACTRESS: I don't know about better or worse than Vietnam. Externally, I'm not sure it's worse than Vietnam. We were being so severely criticized around the world because of the war in Vietnam, which is one of the reasons that it ended, because of world opinion.

But I think that the situation inside the United States right now is worse than then. It's really scary.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

What is really scary is that millions of people all over the world believe what Miss Fonda is saying. They believe the USA is going through another Vietnam-like upheaval, which is far from the truth.

Most Americans are solidly behind the War on Terror. And even the division on Iraq is based on performance, rather than ideology.

The big problem with all this America bashing is that it makes it almost impossible for the USA to get a fair hearing on terror strategy. We've been stigmatized. Anything we do to hunt down the true evil-doers is either suspect or rejected out of hand.

Once again, "Talking Points" urges all Americans to understand that people like Jane Fonda (search) do damage to the country, even though the woman probably doesn't realize it. The only way to defeat worldwide terrorism is for the world to unite against it and overcome differences in support of that greater good.

Maybe the London killings will help in that effort. What say you, BBC? And that's "The Memo."

The Most Ridiculous Item of the Day

I know many of you feel that being a news reporter is a pretty soft job, but it isn't true, especially if you're Geraldo, who went down to cover Hurricane Dennis, and down is the right word.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GERALDO RIVERA, HOST, "AT LARGE": We have plenty of this. Oh, gee. Oh, my goodness. I'll be right back after this.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

O'REILLY: Messed up the hair. Did you see that?! Messed up the hair. Ridiculous? Well, Geraldo got some new pants out of it. So...
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:49 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Well of course Leeds is near London, after all London and England are the same thing.

CNN also broadcast a news piece the other night about a bog mountain bike snorkelling event in Wales, England.....
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
CNN also broadcast a news piece the other night about a bog mountain bike snorkelling event in Wales, England.....
OK, this is off-topic, but didn't someone here post that Wales is part of England and the reasons why?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:52 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving

and on Friday, Fox had some guy on talking about Blair leaving his position to let Treasury secretary, George Brown take over :scared:
Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:05 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
OK, this is off-topic, but didn't someone here post that Wales is part of England and the reasons why?
You'd better not tell the Welsh that.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:11 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh. And I was having such a good day. Now I want to go home.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:16 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Fox News seems to have an almost pathological hatred of the BBC, which to me is a good enough reason to like the BBC even more.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

fox news is run by bush's cousin, so much for impartiality.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:28 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
Fox News seems to have an almost pathological hatred of the BBC, which to me is a good enough reason to like the BBC even more.
No doubt dictated by its owner, Rupert Murdoch, whose newspapers have long attacked the BBC for not being more like Sky.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.