Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wot I lurned on Fox today...

Wot I lurned on Fox today...

Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:06 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wot I lurned on Fox today...

Originally Posted by fatbrit

Please give me some material for my plus points so I can be fair and balanced.
He once choked on a pretzel.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=fatbrit]Dunno whether I'm one of those Democrats, but I'll take you up on it anyway, Tony. All leaders have flaws, some are graver than others.

That is a comment I can tune into. The point is here that Rove is under fire, and as I have stated Ithink he is on a sticky wicket. If found guilty he should go. I am, contrary to what opinions people may have, neither Democrat or Republican.
Rove is fair game at the moment but then Clinton was guilty of lying under oath. I cannot recall any Democrats shouting for his resignation What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Unfortunately FB it is not GWB that is under the spotlight, it is Rove.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:08 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
For the same reasons. The Democrats would not move on that dismeanor so the Republicans are digging in. Party dogma dictates. If you think Rove is guilty and is found to be so then he should go but then you choose to ignore what the verdict on Clinton was. He should have gone and I do not give a toss as to what party he belonged to. He was the PRESIDENT for goodness sake.
The point being made was that Bush stated that he would fire whoever it was who leaked the info. That's what the discussion hinges on.

Everything else is just pissing in the wind, I'm afraid. Clinton has no relevance to this whatsoever.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
The point being made was that Bush stated that he would fire whoever it was who leaked the info. That's what the discussion hinges on.

Everything else is just pissing in the wind, I'm afraid. Clinton has no relevance to this whatsoever.
I think I made my point that I agree with this. But then it is party politics to shout foul when it is the Government in power does wrong. That is the point I am making. Our points of view will have about as much effect as pissing in the wind.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:14 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

I think I made my point that I agree with this. But then it is party politics to shout foul when it is the Government in power does wrong. That is the point I am making. Our points of view will have about as much effect as pissing in the wind.
Of course it is! That's the whole point of the opposition party...

And yep on your last point - especially since most of us can't even vote over here
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:21 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

then Clinton was guilty of lying under oath.
about something that wasn't in any way illegal and something that a number of of his republican accusers were equally guilty of.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by elfman
about something that wasn't in any way illegal and something that a number of of his republican accusers were equally guilty of.
So lying under oath is not illegal?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:26 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

So lying under oath is not illegal?
No... he said about something which wasn't illegal.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:44 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=tony126]
Originally Posted by fatbrit
Rove is fair game at the moment but then Clinton was guilty of lying under oath. I cannot recall any Democrats shouting for his resignation What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Unfortunately FB it is not GWB that is under the spotlight, it is Rove.
Think many Democrats (and his wife!) were incredibly pissed with Clinton because of his testosterone getting him into hot water and his rather squeamish attempt to get out of it. I'm sure many of them told him directly to his face. However, in comparison to his great successes as president, it pales into insignificance in my book.

Where the left took umbrage was:

a) the Starr witchhunt -- let's face it, if I was given an unlimited budget and unlimited timeline to investigate your life, do you think I couldn't find something you were a little embarrassed about?

b) the impeachment -- where were they going here? No idea, but it did not do the US any favours. The rest of the world couldn't stop laughing (not at Clinton but at the Republicans), and domestically it caused total polarization. Impeach somebody for a lie that has caused thousands to needlessly die, not lying about consensually sticking your dick in the wrong woman.

I disagree about the conversation being about Rove, not Bush, since the two are almost one and the same, i.e. without one, the other could not hold his current position. And anyway, the original conversation before we were dearly treated to Law 101 and a lot of smoke was about the disgusting misinformation and crappy standard at ****s, the very voice of the neocon.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=fatbrit]

Think many Democrats (and his wife!) were incredibly pissed with Clinton because of his testosterone getting him into hot water and his rather squeamish attempt to get out of it. I'm sure many of them told him directly to his face. However, in comparison to his great successes as president, it pales into insignificance in my book.

Where the left took umbrage was:

a) the Starr witchhunt -- let's face it, if I was given an unlimited budget and unlimited timeline to investigate your life, do you think I couldn't find something you were a little embarrassed about?

b) the impeachment -- where were they going here? No idea, but it did not do the US any favours. The rest of the world couldn't stop laughing (not at Clinton but at the Republicans), and domestically it caused total polarization. Impeach somebody for a lie that has caused thousands to needlessly die, not lying about consensually sticking your dick in the wrong woman.

I disagree about the conversation being about Rove, not Bush, since the two are almost one and the same, i.e. without one, the other could not hold his current position. And anyway, the original conversation before we were dearly treated to Law 101 and a lot of smoke was about the disgusting misinformation and crappy standard at ****s, the very voice of the neocon.
There is every chance I will be able to vote at the next election. I certainly have not made up my mind on that by any means.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:14 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by Duncs
I withdraw this part of my post. This is not a fair comment to make about Franklin. He dosent deserve it. Sometimes he frustrates me but that the nature of good debating partner i reckon. Sorry mate.

I would edit my original post but i cant seem to find the edit button anymore.
No worries. I think you know that I look up to you quite a lot. You are a good debating partner even with that last paragraph! This probably should be in a PM, but please let me know (in a PM) how you are doing up in Harvard!

Last edited by Franklin; Jul 15th 2005 at 1:17 am. Reason: added "know"

Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:14 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Franklin
No worries. I think you know that I look up to you quite a lot. You are a good debating partner even with that last paragraph! This probably should be in a PM, but please let me know (in a PM) how you are doing up in Harvard!
Its been great in places frustrating in others and damn expensive!

Dont be looking up to me there really is nothing to look up to and besides i might be wearing my kilt and then it would be to your eternal regret!

Maybe if i get qualified as an attorney and have the balls to start my own business you could look up to me!
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:30 pm
Franklin

Dont be looking up to me there really is nothing to look up to and besides i might be wearing my kilt and then it would be to your eternal regret!
Ahhhhh, I lived in Glasgow for a few yin years. I learned not to stare at men wearing kilts. Got used to seeing one of the Student Union Presidents at Glasgow wearing his kilt.

Maybe if i get qualified as an attorney and have the balls to start my own business you could look up to me!
Thanks for the compliment.

Hope you get that high paying job.

Old Jul 18th 2005, 2:39 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
I think you are splitting hairs. The safest response to most life threatening situations is to run away whilst screaming your head off, even if it isn't the most macho or elegant.

The time wasted trying to get your gun out of your handbag or wherever can get you killed. If you have to get confrontational, use Mace or pepper spray.

I like some aspects of the Jeb Bush administration, but he needs to get his priorities sorted out.

Thanks to whoever gave me Karma Points with the following by-line:

Wot I lurned on Fox tod... Jul 14th 2005 8:09 pm "you're a ****ing idiot"

:scared:
Old Jul 18th 2005, 3:11 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody, I didn't catch the name, said that George W. Bush firing Karl Rove would be like Charley McCarthy firing Edgar Bergan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.