Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wot I lurned on Fox today...

Wot I lurned on Fox today...

Old Jul 14th 2005, 7:56 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wot I lurned on Fox today...

Originally Posted by Duncs
Of course you will filter out my points as the ranting of NE Harvard yard liberal but seriously you are a smart and well educated guy you should work a little harder at being informed and stop trying to believe in these morons to suit your own peculiar political preferences.
I withdraw this part of my post. This is not a fair comment to make about Franklin. He dosent deserve it. Sometimes he frustrates me but that the nature of good debating partner i reckon. Sorry mate.

I would edit my original post but i cant seem to find the edit button anymore.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 8:10 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I withdraw this part of my post. This is not a fair comment to make about Franklin. He dosent deserve it. Sometimes he frustrates me but that the nature of good debating partner i reckon. Sorry mate.

I would edit my original post but i cant seem to find the edit button anymore.
You only get around 2 hours to edit ..before the button disappears ..
Old Jul 14th 2005, 8:11 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hiro11
I love it when people accuse other people of being biased in their statements and then go ahead and make their own biased statement.

As a disclaimer: I think what Rove (allegedly) did has at best underhanded and at worst endangering Plame's life. It's also clear to me that (based on his partisan election year "research" into Niger that has since been completely discredited) Wilson is at least as big a manipulator as Rove.:
Who did you get that from O'Reilly? In what sense is Wilson’s research into Niger discredited? Was the evidence Bush relied upon for his state of the union comments of the alleged purchases of yellowcake genuine? did evidence turn up discrediting Wilson?

Every news organization (even the NY Times) and every politician on both sides of the aisle agrees that there is no crime here. That was Franklin's point. Rove might be guilty of something, but he's clearly not guilty of either of these two violations and everyone agrees on that point.
Says who...you? Are you a lawyer that specializes in espionage law? If not, this is just your opinion. Also, slipping in that Clinton comment is an ad hominem attack and completely irrelevant. .:
Sorry I dont think everyone does agree on that point at all but it will be for the special investigator Mr. Fitzgerald to make that final determination when he finishes his investigation. It appears to me highly possible that he will indict Rove for both the leak and for perjury but we shall see.

Any prejudice here? Naw, not
at all. This is clearly a completely unbiased and entirely fact based post.

This is the part of the post that made me respond. After writing an almost completely opinion and suspicion based post, you accuse someone else of doing the same. The utter arrogance and hypocracy that you're showing is ridiculous. Who do you think you are? Maybe you need to take a closer look at your own biases.
My final comment was overly harsh when directed at Franklin and I have withdraw that part of it.

However the point was to recognize that yes I have a bias. I admit to my own bias. Anyone who knows me at all will know that I am member of the democrat party and can not stand the Bush administration. The point of the post was to detail with ‘facts’ the assertions about Rove which can not then be so easily dismissed due to my self confessed bias. Of course you effectively prove the point by doing exactly that and are I precisely what anyone would hope for in a fox viewer Congratulations.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 8:13 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Originally Posted by Ray
ahh that explains it. Well if a moderator is listening feel free to edit that last bit out of my comment.

I would private mail Franklin as well but he needs to clean out his box.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 8:16 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Karma given to Dimsie and Duncs for two extremely to the point and accurate posts.

Bravo, guys.
i love your pic by the way!
Old Jul 14th 2005, 8:24 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

i love your pic by the way!
Well thank you

If you give me all your leprechaun gold, you can have it
Old Jul 14th 2005, 8:36 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Well thank you

If you give me all your leprechaun gold, you can have it
They are always after me lucky charms!
Old Jul 14th 2005, 8:39 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

They are always after me lucky charms!
Hey! Don't try to fob me off with breakfast cereal... I want the money
Old Jul 14th 2005, 9:11 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

And 24 before the lawsuit arrives?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Well not quite..
But then we are are still waiting for the rivers of blood that the anti-gun brigade promised would happen after the assault weapon ban law elapsed...
It only will take one incident and they will be on it like a pack of hounds.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

After reading most of the comments on this thread I have yet to see the so called Democrat side agree to anything that their party has been guilty of. Franklin pointed some of these out but they were circumnavigated,as usual.
Personally I think Rove is on a sticky wicket but then I compare that to a President lying on oath and fail to draw a comparison. I have said on another thread most political parties I am familiar with have had their fair share of embarrassments.
Where does that leave me? Well discernment again comes to mind and thank goodness I have that choice instead of being driven by politcal dogma.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 9:35 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by tony126
After reading most of the comments on this thread I have yet to see the so called Democrat side agree to anything that their party has been guilty of. Franklin pointed some of these out but they were circumnavigated,as usual.
Why shouldn't they be circumnavigated? The discussion was about Rove and his alleged wrongdoings. Trust the so called Republican side to come out with "yes, but look what you Democrats did x number of years ago..." to try to deflect attention away from themselves

What the heck has Clinton lying under oath got to do with whether or not Bush should fire Rove and whether or not the evidence suggests that he is guilty?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Why shouldn't they be circumnavigated? The discussion was about Rove and his alleged wrongdoings. Trust the so called Republican side to come out with "yes, but look what you Democrats did x number of years ago..." to try to deflect attention away from themselves

What the heck has Clinton lying under oath got to do with whether or not Bush should fire Rove and whether or not the evidence suggests that he is guilty?
For the same reasons. The Democrats would not move on that dismeanor so the Republicans are digging in. Party dogma dictates. If you think Rove is guilty and is found to be so then he should go but then you choose to ignore what the verdict on Clinton was. He should have gone and I do not give a toss as to what party he belonged to. He was the PRESIDENT for goodness sake.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hang on a second, my guess is that the majority posting on this board are neither Republican or Democrat.

I do not object to Bush because he is a Republican, but because he is dumb. I thought for a while it might just be a front, wrong.

Whether Kerry would have been any better, we will never know but judging from Spanking the Donkey: Dispatches from the Dumb Season, maybe not.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 9:57 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
After reading most of the comments on this thread I have yet to see the so called Democrat side agree to anything that their party has been guilty of....
Dunno whether I'm one of those Democrats, but I'll take you up on it anyway, Tony. All leaders have flaws, some are graver than others. Here's my take warts and all:

Clinton
+ points:
1/ Intelligent
2/ Genuinely concerned about all citizens
3/ Loved outside America
4/ Economic prosperity during his term
1/ Couldn't keep either his dick in his pants or his marriage vows and lied about it -- this hurt a few people
2/ He had a lousy record on domestic human rights legislation

Dubya
+ points:
1/ Cant think of any, I'm afraid. Happy to listen to yours. Maybe he's kind to animals or something?
2/ Genuinely concerned about biblical prophecy and his part in it.
3/ Hated outside America
4/ Economic collapse during his term
5/ Lied about the reasons for the Iraq war, a fact which has cost the lives of thousands.
6/ Five years into the term (with a totally Republican congress) and I really can't see any great legislation or wise fiscal policy. If he manages (or even attempts) something, I'll be sure to post it to the + points.

Please give me some material for my plus points so I can be fair and balanced.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.