British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Worry over W2s! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/worry-over-w2s-109503/)

Karib Jul 16th 2002 7:21 pm

Worry over W2s!

Hi again everyone,

Another worry now! I was asking my USC fiancee to find her last three years tax returns and W2s (as they were filed jointly). Now she can find the last 3 years tax returns and her W2s for the last two years but cant find her W2 for 1999.

Ok, this will be for the I 134, but along the line she will need these items for the I 864 (all going well!).

My question is, is that missing W2 vital? And if so, is there anyway that a copy of it can be obtained?

Oh, and if she phoned the IRS for transripts of her last three years tax returns, would they include W2 details??

Thanks in advance!

Rete Jul 16th 2002 7:33 pm

Re: Worry over W2s!

Since you aren't required to provide tax returns with the I-134 unless you are self employed, to worry about it for this affidavit is pointless. Your fiancee can order a copy of her W-2 for the year 1999 either from her employer or from the IRS directly.

Also she can order tax transcripts from the IRS and for the INS and the I-864, W-2's are not required if you use the transcripts.

Rete

rogerpenycate Jul 16th 2002 8:57 pm

I'm not sure if this is relevant, however at my London interview
last week I took my US Wifes:
W2's
Maryland State tax forms
and her 1040's

Going through the paperwork the consular officer "tossed aside"
the W2's and Maryland returns saying "we don't need these"
and then concentrated on the 1040's

Good luck

December Jul 17th 2002 8:20 pm

rogerpenycate <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm not sure if this is relevant, however at my London interview last week I took
    > my US Wifes: W2's Maryland State tax forms and her 1040's
    >
    > Going through the paperwork the consular officer "tossed aside" the W2's and
    > Maryland returns saying "we don't need these" and then concentrated on the 1040's
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    >
    >
    > --

i was specifically asked for my w2;'s at my AOS interview, even though i had the tax
returns and 1040s, and because i didnt have them was temporarily denied it. all i had
to do was go to the irs building where they gave me the w2's for free and
immediately, showed that to ins and was granted my PR status 6 days later. so i
definitely suggest getting those! technically no you dont need them if you have the
1040s but always safe then sorry with ins

Karib Jul 17th 2002 9:05 pm

Thanks for the replies...

So if she cant find her 1999 W2, then hopefully she can request it from the IRS. She was worried that it might take the IRS ages to find it.

Rete Jul 17th 2002 10:34 pm

December

He was referring to the I-134 for the K-1 not the I-864 for the AOS

Rita