Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Worried about "Aging-Out" (EB5 visa)

Worried about "Aging-Out" (EB5 visa)

Old Dec 13th 2011, 1:37 am
Just Joined

Greg_N is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Worried about "Aging-Out" (EB5 visa)

My Family is thinking of applying for our green cards via the EB5 Visa through investing in a regional centre (we’re from Australia).

We’ve done a fair bit of research into which regional centre looks reliable and “Jay Peak” or “Seldon water Products” appear like a pretty safe bet as they are done through the “State of Vermont Regional Center” which is apparently overseen by the state (maybe that’s not a good thing lol). “Jay Peak” also seems to have received a few positive reviews (we will go check it out/visit it ourselves when the time comes). Anyway, if you have been through these guys before, please feel free to express your opinions/experiences with them, or if you have a better one in mind please share).

If we do finally decide to go through with the EB5 Investment, my dad will apply around October 2012 (next year). I understand he has to get approval of the I-526 petition and then the rest of us have to apply for the I-485 etc. We have a big family (6 children, 2 parents), and I am the eldest.

As of early March next year I will be turning 20 (I’m currently 19).
This means that when we apply I’ll be 20, but I will be 5 months away from turning 21 (ageing out).

I’m assuming that if my father applies before I am 21, I am still eligible along with the rest of my family to get a green card. Am I right to assume this? How long does it take to have the I-526 petition and I-485 approved?
I understand it takes usually somewhere between 9-15 months (maybe more) until we get approval on the unconditional EB5 visas themselves, but does it really matter If I am 21 by this stage, even if I had the I-485 approved while I was 20?

Also, will all my family and I receive the 2 year conditional visas to live in the U.S. while we wait for the unconditional Visas to come through?

Sorry if I sound a little unprofessional, it’s kinda hard to get my head around all this stuff, and I REALLY would appreciate any help on this issue!

Thanks
- Greg
Old Dec 13th 2011, 1:44 am
Just Joined

Greg_N is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Worried about "Aging-Out" (EB5 visa)

Sorry, this is the wrong thread > just re-posted in "/US Immigration and Visas /"